mirror travel

• Dedicated to Stella Singh - mum

I landed, the first successful mirror travel. The trees were as tall as skyscrapers, but strangely multi-coloured. Yes, I was in the fantasy forest. Plants were interlocking everywhere, they were multi-coloured, stripy, spotty, you name it; they were there. They felt as smooth as silk, and smelt like candyfloss. All I could hear was the sweet sound of silence, but I could hear footsteps in the distance. Everything here was luxury, so I thought maybe I should have a small taste of a leaf, such as the aroma was so sweet… YUCK! They tasted so sour and bitter, what a normal leaf would taste like really.

In the distance of this amazing, but strange planet, I saw a little creature. It looked like a dog –but fluffier, a giraffe –but smaller, and a horse –but cuter: all mixed in one. I crept towards it, it got cuter by the second, and he was as cute as a kitten. I reached out to stroke it, it felt so soft I could have used him as a pillow and slept like a baby all night. He made this strange cow noise as I ran my fingers down his fluffy back, he smelt as sweet as honey. All of a sudden he scampered away, as fast as lightning.

I was alone in the fantasy forest.

Or so I thought