Chapter 31 - Complicated

Start from the beginning

"Suck it," I say before walking into the hall.

+++

"Look who it is," Zoey rolls her eyes and I turn my attention to who she's referring to. Standing in the lunch line is Zeke and Aubrey.

"I wonder what's going on with them," I say my thoughts aloud.

"You don't wanna know," Zoey shakes her head and eats her pasta.

"Do you know?"

"Of course I do."

"Tell me."

"Don't worry about it – I thought you were over him?" She says with a suspicious smirk.

"Zoe, just tell me."

"Okay, fine," she sighs. "Aubrey gives him cigarettes and weed and shit in return for sex."

I feel the world fall on my shoulders when she says this. How could he? He promised me. He wouldn't.

I need to get it through my head that when Zeke called off our friendship, he wouldn't have stuck to his promises. Especially since not smoking has been hard for him.

Looking over at them, I see Aubrey put her arms around his torso and press her body against him. Zeke winces and pushes her back, obviously still in pain. I want to slap her for being so inconsiderate and hurting him like that.

But of course, I need to remember that I hate him.

It looks as if they get into an argument because Aubrey flips her hair and walks away from him. I meet her eye on her way back to her table, and her face lights up as she heads in our direction.

Oh God.

"Oh hey, Marnie. I just wanted to make sure you're okay after Zeke rejected you," she twirls a strand of hair around her finger and pouts mockingly.

"Go suck a dick," Zoey scoffs.

"I will. It'll be Zeke's," she looks at me as she says this.

"Grossss, dude," Cole screws up his face as he sits down at the table with his food. "Zeke wouldn't even go for you in your dreams."

"Don't even talk to me, Cole. It's embarrassing considering you've went so low to date her," she says with a disgusted expression, looking at Zoey.

"Bitch at least I don't make up lies about fucking people," Cole throws back, putting his arm around Zoey.

"Stop pretending you know shit."

"I know all the shit. And i'll expose yo ass if you don't get the fuck outa my sight."

She scowls and flips her hair, walking away, but as she's passing my seat she kneels down and speaks quietly. "Since you enjoy watching Zeke and I do our business so much, how about you come to his place tonight and watch? You could even take notes," she giggles and walks away.

Liar. Zeke doesn't have sex at his house.

"She makes me want to puke all over her designer shoes," Zoey comments.