His Nightmare (Raphael)

Sorry for late update :(  (although late is an understatement)  My life has been a mess.

But on another note, I've never written this much angst before, holy shit.

~~~~~~~~

It was odd.

Many times had you been up, beside Raphael in bed either reading a book or watching the tv with low volume, and not once had you heard him mumble in his sleep.

But now he was, as he lay there on the couch with you and his head in your lap.  It stopped you from reading your book, leading your (e/c) eyes down to him; his head was bobbing back and forth and sounded as if he was in distress.

Dreaming, you thought.  You resumed your reading.  

But then Raph's head suddenly jerked upwards, frightening you to where you finally closed your book and placed a hand on his plastron to attempt to calm him.  However, your attempts didn't work, because the spasms began to get worse and it also began to frighten you.  You set your book aside and had your undivided attention on Raph; he would have to be woken soon if it got too serious.  Even the mumbling had gotten louder.

What kind of nightmare was he having?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"(Y/N)!"

Raph screamed out your name as he rounded the corner of the street.  The pavement was wet, and you get that fear that if you took wrong step you were going down on your ass, your mind tricking you into that the gleams were ice.  

There was a slight breeze, cool and crisp as it hit Raphael's nose as his end tails of his bandana trailed behind him.  He was in a dead sprint as he was desperately trying to find you; he didn't exactly understand how he got where he was, but his gut was telling him to find you; he somehow knew you were in trouble.  His legs carried him faster down the empty street.

It was rather cold there; the mist blocked all view from either side of you the further you moved along.  Raph spotted out a few buildings here and there but everything was clearly deserted, even the smell was old and musty.  Grass and weeds grew in between the cracks of the sidewalk, and there were even some parts of the cement that were missing or broken off and thrown into the street beside it.  

It felt like Raph had been running for hours.

But he stopped once he heard the clang of metal ring through his ears; the echoes became more quicker and louder, repeating the contact over and over again.  His head swiveled in every direction; the sound rang from all around him.  He couldn't tell which was it was emanating from, so he just decided to run further on in the hopes that he would find you there.  A part of Raph also hoped that it wasn't you who was fighting.  He moved on.

Finally, after what seemed like endless hours of running, and surprisingly not getting tired, Raphael noticed the clanging was getting louder.  It was nearby, ahead of him really.  It was then he skidded to a halt.

His green eyes spotted the orange sparks from scraping metal fly through the mist, illuminating specks of light in little areas.  Raph spotted two figures, but they were dim and not in color, he could only make out the shapes; he was right in that they were in a battle, but he didn't know what for.  Frankly, he wasn't worried about who was winning, only to know who the hell they were and where he was.  Skidding to a halt, Raph watched frantically as their feet drew them closer to him.

"(Y/n)!?" he called out.  Raph waited for one of the figures to answer, but nothing was returned to him, so he only watched and waited for it to end.