Shut your mind off and let your heart breathe

Silence. That would be the best word to describe the following seconds, after Isak had kissed Even.
It was one of the most passionate and intimate kisses they ever shared, because, for the first time, it wasn't a hidden kiss, it was real.
It wasn't just a public kiss to Even.
To him, it was Isak's way of putting him above his fears, of telling him that Even meant so much to him, that nothing else mattered.

After they broke apart, Even looked into Isak's eyes, searching for an answer to the question he had in mind all morning; 'Are you alright?'
In his eyes Even found a whirlwind of emotions. Bravery, victory and passion as well as doubts and traces of fear.
It was clear that Isak was waiting for the school's reaction with anticipation.

Softly, as if to assure his boyfriend that everything would be okay, Even nudged Isak's nose one last time and gave him a small, encouraging smile, before he turned his head to look at the stunned faces.

It was still silent, nobody dared to say a word.

Suddenly, someone began to clap.
Even turned his head to the side and his eyes fell on a satisfied looking Sana, who wore an triumphant expression on her face. Even sent her a grateful smile.
Shortly after, he noticed how Vilde, Eva, Chris and Noora, as well as Isak's friend joined in on the clapping.
Even Silas was smirking and clapping, while it seemed like he desperately tried to look unimpressed. 

"EVAK! I ship it!!" Even heard one of Isak's friend, Magnus, shout and Isak let out a small laugh.
It was easy to see how much pressure was falling off of him and how relieved he was now.
But not everyone in the crowd seemed to be happy. Even's eyes drifted to an outraged looking Amalie, who was clenching her fists as she stared at Magnus.
Emma, who had gotten up from her chair, walked over to the door, a hurt and pissed expression on her face.
Even didn't care, though. All the people that mattered accepted them and those who wouldn't didn't matter anyway.

Isak sunk down next to Even on another chair and slowly, most students turned their attention back to their meals and began to chatter as if nothing happened.
"F*ck, I can't believe I did that." Isak mumbled as he ran his fingers through his hair and let out a laughter, filled with disbelief, but also a lot of relief.
Even joined in on his laughter and leaned his head closer to Isak's.
"I'm so proud of you, babe." he whispered and let his lips trace Isak's ear.
He saw how Isak's lips curled into a shy, but incredibly happy smile.

"Keep it down on the lovey-dovey stuff though, guys? Or else I'll get depressed at how single I am." David uttered, one eyebrow raised at the two of them. Even had almost forgotten that he was there the whole time as well.

"Isak, that's David..my-" Even began to introduce them, but David interrupted him. "-best friend." the dark-haired boy said smiling and held out his hand for Isak to take.
Isak seemed a little bit surprised, but shook it while saying: "Isak, pleasure."

"Pleasure's all mine." David responded while he continued to eat his toast.
"Can't believe Even got himself a guy who's outed himself in front of the whole school..he's a keeper, man." David said while chewing and nodded encouragingly.

Even raised one eyebrow at him.
David seemed to have gotten over his previous shock over Even's sexuality and now seemed to be pretty chill about it.

"I know. I have the best boyfriend anyone could wish for." he said after a while and smiled at Isak, who was blushing furiously.

"Mhm, by the way.." David began, mouth still filled with toast, "You know Vilde, right?" he asked and looked at Isak, a anticipated look in his eyes.
Isak nodded. "Yeah, why?"
"Well..could you maybe..find out if she's interested in anyone?" David asked with a trace of insecurity in his voice.
Isak raised his eyebrows. Then, a cheeky grin appeared on his face.