Chapter 15

Chapter 15

JUSTIN

Stress. 

That's the best word that would fit me. 

I am so stressed this day. 

I still have to rehearse for the upcoming school play. 

I have tons of homeworks. 

Double the stress right now because i'm walking with Abby. Sooner or later, I have to speak up. 

We ended up at the small garden in our school. 

"Abby, I have to tell you something..." I nervously said. She looked at me curiously. "What is it?"

"Uhm.." I got distracted by her genuine eyes. "Uhm.. are you going to watch the play?" I asked. Now is not the right time. She nodded and we heard the bell rang so we got up.

I went to the auditorium and rehearsed. Having Ashley as my co-actor was not easy. Sometimes she would try to kiss me and stuff. It was gross especially that I know her true personality. I tried to talk to her about that matter but it always ended up with nothing. 

I brought out my phone and texted Massie asking if I could come to her house. To be freaking honest, I'm not yet ready to talk to her. Especially after the 'incident' that happened on my birthday. It's going to be very awkward. 

When the rehearsal was done, I went to my car and drove to Massie's house.

I rang the doorbell to be welcomed by her sister, Megan. I picked her up and spun her around while she giggled. 

When I saw Massie walk down the stairs, I put Megan down and ruffled her hair. 

She awkwardly smiled at me and proceeded to go down. 

"Hi.."

"Hello."

I scratched my nape and cleared my throat. "What is, that you want to talk about?" she asked me. 

We walked down their garden and sat down at a bench. 

"About what happened during my birthday..." I trailed off, not knowing the right words to say. Luckily, she chuckled. "It's no big deal, Justin. It was just a kiss, okay? Happens all the time," she laughed. I laughed along, ignoring something stinging my chest. It happens all the time? Meaning she does this with other men? I felt hurt but it still doesn't change the fact that I like her. Should I confess? Or is it too early? Am I--

"Oh shit. Justin, I am so sorry. Rosie just texted me. I have an emergency meeting to attend to. Is that okay with you?" She asked, concern filling through her eyes. "Of course. I'll see you next time then?"

"Sure. I am really sorry about this."

After that, I went home. I dreadfully dropped to my bed. Why are these things happening to me?

You're very messed up, Justin. 

The next day, I dressed up for school. I decided to go to school early to ease off my mind. I saw Massie from afar. Does she live near here? I caught up with her and she got startled easily. She was holding her chest out of fright. "Are you alright?" I asked, worried that I scared the shit out of her. 

She eventually started breathing normally and let out a breath of air. "Sorry about that. I was shocked to see you here."

I smiled. Suddenly, out of no where, a car was driving so fast in Abby's direction. I quickly pulled her waist so she wouldn't get hit. Our eyes met and I stared at her. I felt something in my chest. It was a new feeling that I have never felt before. I shook the idea off and let go of her waist. She was so startled and her cheeks began to blush out of embarrassment. 

I stared at her shy face. What the fuck am I feeling right now? I stared at her nice silky black hair that had weird but awkwardly nice streaks of brown color. It was like her original hair color was hazel brown. I looked at her rosy cheeks down to her pink plump lips. She was pretty. You might see her as a weird kid at first glance but when you actually look at her for a quite a while, she's actually pretty. I think that's why Ashley's so insecure about her. With just a little improvement on her looks, she could be a model and could be even considered prettier than Ashley. 

I guess she kinda noticed I was staring at her because her cheeks even blushed into a darker shade. It was cute-- what the heck? What am I thinking? Have you forgotten what you were trying to do with her? You stupid idiot. 

"Uhm.. let's go?" I awkwardly broke the silence. She nodded lightly and continued walking. I was now at the side of the road to avoid the incident from happening again. 

While walking, it was so awkward because we were so silent, probably thinking about what happened earlier. 

When we arrived at school, I saw Mike with his eyes glaring because he can see that I was with Abby right now. He had the look of i-think-you've-got-some-explaining-to-do. I sighed and said goodbye to Abby and walked towards Mike.