Cuddles (TordEdd)

Edd tossed and turned on his bed as he tries to catch some sleep, the last few nights he'd had were a complete nightmare, literally. Dreams of strange creatures tearing him apart, dislodging his limbs, eating him alive, it has kept him awake for days, weeks even.

Edd stood up and rubbed his face in frustration, he walked to the bathroom and looked at himself in the mirror, he was a total wreck, his hair a mess and dark rings around his eyes, he looked away in disgust, he headed back into his room, he looked at his bed, no, he wasn't going to sleep, he has had enough nightmares, but he still needed sleep, he wanted it more than anything.

He managed to bring himself downstairs to the kitchen to get a drink, he took a glass and opened the fridge to take a can of cola, he poured the sugary drink into his glass, he heard a faint sound of something dropping to the floor, he quickly closes the fridge door and sneaks towards the living room.

"Who's there?" He called out.

The lights went on and to his surprise Tord was sitting on the sofa, he sighed, Tord gave him a warm smile, patting on the space beside him, he walked towards him to take a seat.

"Why are you up so late?" Tord asked.

"I should be asking you the same thing." Edd said taking a sip from his glass.

Edd shuffled in his seat, unable to cope with the sudden awkward silence, he looked down at his feet, then back to Tord, his eyes glued on the magazine he was reading. He gave out a long breath, staring at his glass, he felt like someone was watching him, he turned around to find Tord staring at him, he raised his eyebrow.

"S-Sorry for staring." He apologized.

"It's okay." Edd smiled.

"You've been looking pretty awful these past few days, buddy. Everything alright?" Tord asked.

"I...I don't really know." He shrugged, "I've just been so tired this week, everything is just going downhill for me." He rubbed his palms on his face.

He sighed, Tord placed a hand on his shoulder and smiled at him, he smiled back, he liked how nice Tord can get at times, even though he can be a bit of a jerk, he was still a really good guy. Edd yawned, he leaned against Tord's shoulder and rubbed his eyes.

"Feeling sleepy?" He asked.

"Yeah, but I don't wanna sleep." Edd frowned.

"Huh? Why so?"

He sighed, "Nightmares... Horrible, horrible, nightmares."

Tord looked at him and gave him a warm smile, trying his best to comfort him. Then, Edd started sniffing, tears started to roll down his cheeks, he covers his face with his arm.

"I-I'm sorry Tord, I'm just..." He sobbed, "I'm just so tired... I just want to sleep for once... I'm so scared Tord."

Edd's shoulder sogged, Tord reached out his hands, hesitating whether he should or shouldn't, he pulled him in for a tight hug, Edd's eyes narrowed, Tord brushed away the strands of hair that stuck to his neck, whispering to him.

"It's okay, Edd... I'm here, you don't have to be scared." He cooed.

Edd slowly grips into his shirt, burying his head in it, letting out all the tears he's kept to himself, Edd let out a long sigh or relief, he's never felt so nice in someone's arms before, he wipes away his tears.

"Thanks Tord." He sniffed.

"You're welcome."

Tord leaned over him and placed a kiss on his forehead, Edd giggled, he's finally felt happy after days of worrying, he continued to hug Tord, his eyes started to feel droopy, his smile faded, he knew he had to stay sleepless again tonight.

"Why the long face?" Tord asked.

"I still don't wanna have nightmares again, but I wanna sleep so bad." He rubbed his eyes.

Tord tapped his chin in thought, he snapped his fingers, he pushed Edd away, walking upstairs, Edd sat on the sofa with his mouth hanging open, did Tord just leave hin there? Tord then came down with a blanket in his hands, he sits back down on the sofa next to Edd, he wraps the fabric around himself, he spreads his arms.

"Come here." He called out.

Edd confusedly shuffled beside him, Tord suddenly wraps his arms around Edd, he throws the blanket over Edd's shoulders, scooting even closer to him.

"Tell you what, I'll sleep with you here tonight, will that be alright?' He asked.

Edd's eyes lightened up in excitement, "You'll do that?".

Tord nodded, Edd giddily hugs him back, Tord grinned, he leaned back against the sofa so Edd could rest his head on his chest, Edd does just as so, he slowly dozes off to sleep.

"Goodnight Tord.." He yawned.

Tord smiled as he watched his eyes slowly shut tight, "Goodnight Edd.".

For once Edd got to sleep peacefully, for once he didn't have to bear watching as he gets torn apart, for once he could finally dream happily knowing that nothing could hurt him anymore, nothing could ever cause him pain again, thanks to Tord.

Maybe Tord was all he ever needed to get some sleep...
Maybe Tord was all he ever needed to close his eyes without worrying about anything...
Maybe...

Maybe Tord was all he ever needed to be happy.
----
A/N
THESE. TWO. ARE. MY. LIFE.

This isn't even at all smutty, I wanted to make it all sweet and... fluffy, something new??? I guess?? I don't???

Anyhow, I have a lot of free time to myself so I'll be able to write up a whole shit ton on requests and oneshots soon.

So, if you want any ships written down, feel free to hit me up fam.

hahHah
//Luminous_Anarath