Looked down on // Chapter 29

Marcus is probably thinking I'm some "hoe" or something , going after his brother not long before we broke up. I started to overthink and got carried away..

Lucas grabs my hands with his free hand.
"Are you okay?" He asked me , turning over to look at me for a second and turning back to the road.

I then snapped back into reality.
"Yeah of course! Why wouldn't I be fine?" I quickly said , rushing that out. Then giving a little smile .

"So when did you guys start dating?" Marcus said , infuriating us while eyeing Lucas's hands on mine.

I saw the gaze of his eyes that were targeted on our hands so I quickly pulled my hand away. I was silent , waiting for Lucas to answer.

"Like an hour ago" Lucas said , smiling.

"Going after my exes , huh brother?" Lucas mumbled , loudly for us to acknowledge that he said something but quiet enough for us not to hear what he said exactly.

"So is anyone hungry?" Lauren said , saving me from this awkwardness.

"Starving" I said , acting along to switch topics.

"Should we go stop somewhere and eat?" Lucas's ask.

"Yes!" Lauren said , excited.

Marcus and I were silent. Marcus probably hates me now , well i don't have any intention in talking to him.

We drove about 20 minutes and arrived at a McDonald's place. We walked in , I was the first one to enter while Marcus was behind me.
I found a booth and sat down , Marcus sat infront of me because why would he want to sit with me.

As Lauren was walking towards to sit beside me Marcus grabbed her by the arm and sat her down beside him. Lauren and I were shocked! What was Marcus trying to do? As Lauren sat next to Marcus , Lucas went over and sat beside me.

Lucas insisted to buy us food , so he went and left Lauren , Marcus and I together.

"So why are you dating Lucas?" Marcus questioned. I felt like I was at a police station being questioned.

"He was different and very kind" I answered , not wanting to say anything else.

"Are you sure that he didn't remind you of me?" Marcus said , fiddling with the phone case waiting for my answer.

I was speechless , Lauren was just sitting and staring not knowing what to do. I was waiting for Lucas to come save me.

I kept quiet , looking down at the table.

"So does he?" He asked again.

I was silent , before he was able to ask another question Lucas came over and sat down the food and he saw how uncomfortable I was.

"Marcus ,  can you come with me for a second?" Lucas demanded, not wanting a answer.

Marcus and Lucas walked away.

"Uh oh , I wonder what they are doing" Lauren said.

"Are you okay?" Lauren asked , " I know the questions Marcus asked were so annoying and so rude . I have a feeling he is a bit jealous."

As we started to eat , I could hear Marcus and Lucas yelling at each other. I couldn't exactly make out what they said but I heard "what are you asking Kylie? Do you still have feelings or what?" Lucas yelled.

I didn't want to listen anymore so I tried to block out what they are saying.

After what seemed like a year , they came back and sat down. They acted like nothing happened ...

"How much longer do we have until we arrived to the destination?" Lauren asked.

"Well since we took about 30 mins to eat , we probably would get there by 6am" Lucas said.

We ate and then we went back to the car. The car ride was absolutely silent , no conversation happened. Nothing! It was just plain silent.