the funeral | allison argent

a/n: there is no y/n in this story, this is simply a one shot of allison's funeral that she never had.

[set between season 3&4]

"Scott, are you ready?" Scotts mom, Melissa, yelled from downstairs.

Scott was still lying in his bed, the duvet pulled up over his face as he didn't want to face the world on that particular day as it meant everything that had happened the last few weeks were real.

"Scott?" His mom was walking up the stairs now as he could hear her quiet footsteps approaching his room.

The door of his room creaked open and Melissa walked over to Scotts bed, "I know you don't want to go through all of that pain again, but if you don't go you'll regret it, sweetheart."

Scott groaned as his mom pulled back the covers to look at her son, his face was contorted and tear stricken.

"Oh Scott." His mom sighed as she wrapped her arms around him and he cried into her shoulder.

"If I go..." he sobbed, "it just means that she is really gone and I'm not ready for that, I can't."

Melissa let go of her son and looked into his teary eyes, "I know it's hard... but your friends need you to be there for them too, Lydia needs you... Allison would want you to be there, Scott." And with that she got up and before she left his room she told him to be ready within 10 minutes.

Scott crawled out of his bed and walked over to his wardrobe where he looked at the tuxedo hanging up on the outside.

He slowly got dressed and finally he looked in the mirror and fixed his tie, remembering the time Allison had to fix his tie when they went on their first date alone at a small local restaurant, he smiled as he remembered her laughing at him not being able to tie his tie.

Before he left he grabbed a piece of paper off of his desk that he had spent hours scribbling notes on for his farewell speech to the first girl he had ever loved.

As he walked downstairs his mom was waiting at the door for him.

"Are you ready?" She smiled reassuringly at him.

"Yes, I am." Scott smiled slightly and walked outside with his mom where his best friend Stiles was waiting for them in his jeep.

"Hey, Scott! Melissa! I just need to pick Lydia up and then we can go." He said as they got into the back seats.

***

Lydia found herself sat on the edge of her bed, looking at a picture of herself and her best friend. It hadn't quite sunk in that she would never see her best friend again, and now she would be going to her funeral.

"Sweetie, are you ready?" Lydia's mom, Natalie, asked as she peered in to her daughters bedroom.

Lydia was already dressed and ready for the funeral even though she had second thoughts on going. She knew she wouldn't be able to sit through the funeral without crying.

"Yes I'm ready, just give me a minute." Lydia said quietly.

Her mom left her alone as Lydia looked at the picture for a little longer, focusing on her best friends smile. Knowing that she would never see that face again brought tears to her eyes but she knew she couldn't cry just yet.

"Honey, your friend Stiles is here." Her mom called from downstairs.

Lydia turned over the photograph and looked at the words scribbled on the back, 'For my best friend, Lydia. I love you so much.'