3: First Day

//

I let out an annoyed groan as girly voices rang through the dorm. I grabbed the ends of my pillow, and covered it over my ears. I grumbled as it didn't help, and their annoying voices still invaded my sense of hearing.

"SHUDDAP!" I slurred, still half asleep.

Suddenly, the warm comforters of the bed were torn from me. I yelped, instantly curling up on myself. "Hey!" I huffed. I kept my eyes shut, knowing that if I opened them, the light from the window would most likely blind me.

"Get up, Renley!" I heard someone say.

'Who the heck is Renley?' I thought. 'OH... right. Damn, I thought all of that was a dream.'

"Okay, okay! I'm up!" I grunted, slowly sitting up. I gave a wide yawn, stretching my arms above my head.

I finally finished stretching, and got ready for my first--or, rather, second day of classes. I slipped out of my pajamas, and got dressed. I wore a blue tank top, covered by a black long-sleeved crop top and some ripped black jeans. Then there were my shoes, which were maroon sneakers. Lastly, I fixed up my hair and then slipped on my robes.

But as I was about to head downstairs, I heard a girl's voice. I sighed, turning to face a curly-haired brunette, who looked disapprovingly at my appearance.

"Uh, what the heck are you wearing?" she asked with a cocked eyebrow.

"Clothes...?" I drew out the word, as though she was stupid. Maybe she was?

"No way!" I heard Lily exclaim. "You've gotta look cute! For all the boys at this school."

"Who the heck would I look cute for?" I rolled my eyes.

"Hmm...." the brunette hummed. "I'm thinking one of the Marauders."

"Potter?" Lily asked.

"GROSS."

"Hmm. Remus Lupin?"

"NO."

"Peter Pettigrew?"

"NOOOO," Lily and I both shouted.

"Fine, fine!" the brunette huffed. "Then how about Sirius Black?"

I quirked an eyebrow, before rolling my eyes and leaving the door.

"YOU NEVER SAID NO!" the brunette called out behind me. I grumbled under my breath in irritation, but was actually amused.

Before I knew it, I was in the Gryffindor common room, and Lily was running up behind me. I turned to face her, only to get whacked in the head with one of her textbooks.

"What the--"

I got whacked again.

"LILY!" I bellowed, trying to block her constant strikes.

"Get 'er, Lily-pad!" I vaguely heard James cheer her on.

"LILY WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU HITTING ME FOR?!"

She hit me harder this time, though on my upper left arm. "Um, owww!"

"Change!" Lily ordered. "C'mon, I want you to look cute for the boys!"

"I never said I liked anyone here!" I defended myself, slapping her textbook away. "Who the hell would bother going out with me anyways?" I huffed.

"OW!" I shouted when she picked up her book and hit me on the stomach once more. "What was THAT for?!"

"For SWEARING!" she laughed. "Be a lady!"

"And do what?!" I snapped. "I'm pretty sure I don't want to look cute for anybody."