t h i r t y • e i g h t

After 2 hours playing at the amusement park, we finally made it back to the entrance gate. The fact that Jaemin and Soojung are really close to each other made me feel like i was never even a part of Jaemin's life.

"That's my ride! Thank you for today, i'm very happy. I'll see you guys at school, bye!" Soojung bid goodbye and ran towards her car.

From what i heard, Soojung is a daughter from a wealthy family. Just like my step siblings.

No wonder Jaemin likes her. She's beautiful, cute, and also rich. And what am i?

I'm just a girl who got adopted by a wealthy family. I'm not beautiful nor cute. I'm not like her. I'm the opposite of her.

•••

I woke up from my unpleasant sleep. I kept thinking about yesterday. Even after i woke up from my sleep. I can't stop thinking about how lifeless i am after i saw Jaemin and Soojung together.

Tomorrow is my birthday. And oh boy how i wish tomorrow is a good day for me. I sighed and got up from my bed. I took a steamy shower and wore cozy clothes.

I look over my window and admire how beautiful the leaves blowing from their trees. This is so unusual of me.

I flinched when someone suddenly bang my door. "Eun-ah! Are you awake yet? Please open the door! Donghyuck hyung is mad at me because i accidentally ate his cereal." I assume that voice belongs to Chenle.

I open the door and he burst in and locked my door. He put one of his ears on the door and he looks so focused. "What the hell are you doing?" I asked.

He immediately sushed me and continue to put his ear on my door. "Who ate my cereal?!" We both flinched when we heard a shout coming from downstairs. "Oh hoho i think i know who ate it."

"LEE JENO!" We both furrowed out eyebrows. He unlocked the door and peek outside. "Did you eat my cereal?!" Donghyuck shouted.

"What?! No i didn't." Jeno answered all the way from his room. "Don't you lie to me. I know it's you." Donghyuck said while walking upstairs.

"Yo i didn't even know that your breakfast was cereal! I just got out from shower how did you even come up with the idea of me being the one who ate it?" Jeno said while peeking his head. His hair is all wet and a towel wrapped around his neck.

"You do have a point. Fine then it's not you. But who else could it be if it's not you?" Donghyuck asked. "Uhh so you're not suspicious of that people who's also watching us plus hiding from you?" Jeno said while pointing his finger towards Chenle.

"Oh so it's you." Donghyuck said while making a fist. "I'm doomed."

"Hey don't you dare use my references!" Jeno shouted. "Can you all not? It's 7 o'clock in the morning and all i witness is 3 of you shouting at each other just because of that stupid cereal!" I suddenly burst.

"But- but i didn't shout-"

"Just be quite alright? I'm not in a good mood today so i'm begging you, don't make me loose it." I glare at the three of them for being so noisy. I stump away from my room.

"What's the matter sweetie?" Mom asked while sipping her tea. She's still wearing her pajamas. "They're fighting over some cereal and i find it very stupid." I said.

"That's so unusual of you for being mad." Renjun said. I never knew he was here too. "I agree. Are you okay?" Mark asked.

"I'm feeling a little bit down today. I can get a little bit moody sometimes, so i'm sorry if i accidentally shout at one of you." I said. "But why are you down? Go use a lift so it can lift up your mood today, you know what i'm sayin?" Donghyuck said while clapping his hands.

"Was that a pun?" Mark furrowed his eyebrows. "Aw c'mon you guys aren't fun. Oh wait i got one about cereal because someone ate my cereal." Donghyuck said referring to Chenle.

"What do you call a person that chops up cereal?" Donghyuck asked. All of us shrugged. "A CEREAL killer." Then he laughs.

"What that's so lame. I got one. What is a cheerleader's favourite cereal?" Chenle asked. "Oh i know this one. Cheerios?" Donghyuck raised an eyebrow.

"Cheerios indeed." They both laughed meanwhile the rest of us had our eyebrows furrowed. Even mom. "That's so random of you." Mark said.

"Yeah i know some people call me random. Yup that's me." Donghyuck said while laughing. "We're back!" I turned my head to see Jisung with Mocha.

"How's the run?" Mom asked. "Same as usual, it's kinda chilly outside, thank god i brought my sweater." Jisung smiled. Mocha barks and ran towards me.

I kneel and hug her. "Oh hi noona, how are you today?" Jisung asked. "She's a gorilla today. I thought she was Harambe for a second." Donghyuck said out of no where. I gave him another glare as a respond.

"I'm fine as usual. Thank you for asking, Jisung-ah." I smiled. "You should have seen her getting mad at us for being loud in the morning." Donghyuck whispered.

"Can you just shut up?" I said. Donghyuck immediately zip his mouth and went outside the house. "Um if you're not fine today then i hope you'll get better soon noona!" Jisung said while smiling.

After a minute, a door bell can be heard. "Who could that be?"

"That's for me!" Someone shouted from upstairs. After awhile, Jaemin ran downstairs dressed all nice. Where is he going?

When he opened the door, a sight of Soojung can be seen. "Hi Jaemin! How are you?" She asked.

"I'm good thanks, are you ready?" He asked. Soojung nodded while smiling. "Oh? Is this the famous Kang Soojung?" Mom asked.

Soojung immediately bowed at her and smiled. "Anyeonghaseyo." She smiled. "Mom, i'm going!" Jaemin said.

"Goodbye sweetie! Have fun!" Mom smiled and close the door. "Where- where are they going?" I slowly asked.

"They're going on a date. It remids me back in the day when me and your dad used to date just like them. And i can't believe that we're finally married." Mom smiled while stroking my hair.

"D-date..?"