UNTOUCHABLE

Blinking rapidly, my eyes adjusted to the glaring studio lights. The buzz of chatter was strangely calming, however the woman in my face with a foundation brush- not so much. Whilst she finished making me look television-worthy, another woman started to attach a small microphone onto the silk material of my fitted purple dress.

 Over and over again in my head I repeated the same thing; 'Keep it light, fun and don't give too much away.' It was easier said than done, especially for someone like me who hates refusing to give an answer. The make-up artists and crew cleared, and Jonathan Ross, the host of the Jonathan Ross Show (they really thought it through!) came and shook my hand, thanking me for coming and assuring me it would all go smoothly. Smiling back, I thanked him for having me, and the lights began to dim. Cheering arose from the audience as the camera-man signalled; three, two, one...

"Good evening and welcome to the Jonathan Ross Show!" The opening music began to play and Jonathan smiled from behind his large oak desk. "Joining me tonight, we have a very special line up of guests; Lauren Goddard!" Smiling into the camera and giving a small wave, the audience applauded harder. He listed the other celebs that were hanging out backstage and then turned to me.

"So! It's been a very busy year for you so far, hasn't it?!"

"You have no idea!"

"Your album came out two weeks ago and has already reached 3rd in the Billboard Top 100 charts, and it's also number one on iTunes." He paused to look down at the card in front of him, "Your single Untouchable is number one in seven different countries, and the song also got over 30 million hits on Youtube...I have an idea! " I laughed, flipped my hair and crossed my legs. The audience were clapping wildly at the list of achievements. It just doubled the size of the grin on my face.

"It's just been so crazy; the support from my fans still astounds me after three years and to think last year I was sat thinking it couldn't get any better. It's so bizarre!" It was true. And as cheesy as it sounds, my fans are my world. Through thick and thin they've been there; watching me go from a nervous, spotty 14 year old to this confident, successful 17 year old and never once giving up on me. Just the thought made me go all warm.

"It is phenomenal. Now, what are you writing your music about these days? Because I understand you write every single song yourself?" The look in his eyes told me he knew exactly what I've been writing about. Who didn't? Pretty much every magazine on the shelves these days had at least a large photo of me and my 'writing topic'. It had been 4 months now, and the news and rumours still hadn't died down. The two of us knew before anything happened between us, that we had to be prepared for media attention. And lots of it. Not only that, but the fans! They'd go nuts that their 'future husband' had got himself a girl- and my fans were also very protective. They'd seen my heart get broken before and were always so supportive. So in the end we'd agreed to tell people what they wanted to know; anything that wasn't too personal. We answered questions, had photos, the whole charade. But the smirk on John's face told me he wasn't going to let it slip, not on his show.

"Yes, I do write all my own music. Well spotted Jonathan, thank you for noticing!" I gave a cheesy grin, blatantly avoiding the question. This got rounds of laughter from the audience. Jonathan smiled.

"The songs are about love? Are you in love?"

Chuckling, I used my previous tac-tic, "I just love this show!" Again, more laughter. John jokingly slammed his hands down on the desk in defeat.

"Laaureeen! Go on, tell us ALL about it!" He waggled his eyebrows.

"What do you want to know?"