Chapter 47

I stood under the shower's spray as I recited the terminus mantras, a series of cryptic Latin words that I couldn't have memorized if I wanted to, at least not anytime soon. Hopefully, I wouldn't need to. My first lesson with Vincent had been intense, and although I hadn't sprouted wings, I figured my task master wouldn't let me rest until I was speaking in tongues and doing backflips off the balcony.

Vincent seemed pleased with my progress though, and he encouraged me as he helped me peel my clothes off. "You're doing very well, Reese," he said as his fingers glided over my back, leaving hot chills in their wake. "Your body is responding just as it should."

"So, my body is supposed to quiver at your touch? I'm glad to know it's responding properly." I turned in his arms, pressing my bare chest against his drenched V-neck, and he gazed at me with a lusty gleam in his eyes.

"You wreck me, you know that. Your body is so beautiful. So... curvy." His hands continued their exploration, drifting down my shoulders, over the contour of my belly, then sliding across my hips toward my backside. "And this ass. The things I could do to it..."

"I seem to remember you saying there were other things we could do to enjoy each other." I offered him a shy smile and he leaned in to kiss me.

"What do you suggest?"

"I'd like to finish what we started the other day."

Before Vincent had time to overanalyze the situation, I took hold of his waist and unzipped his pants, tugging them over his hips, underwear and all. He didn't try to stop me, which I took as a good sign, and I gave myself a moment to drink him in as he stepped out his pants. He stood naked from the waist down, glistening with water, giving me an unobstructed view of his finely-toned legs, although I hardly noticed those.

"Oh, Vincent. The things I'm going to do to you." I slipped my hand around his erection, reveling in its strength and the thick veins that snaked up his length. He peppered my face with kisses, groaning as I primed him. He sounded so wanton, so desperate.

How long did we have together before the spell was broken? When was this challenge? Would Rafael win? Would Cecile succeed in keeping us apart? I didn't feel infected. I felt normal, except for the fact that I wasn't normal. I was a gargoyle, a passionate, demon-fighting gargoyle, but I didn't want to fight. I wanted to love and be loved.

"I love you, Vincent."

The words spilled forth without contemplation, and I pressed my face into his chest, fighting the suffocating feeling taking over me, the feeling that I couldn't live without him. Vincent purred into my ear, his voice calming me amid the rush of water.

"I love you more every day, every hour, every second."

His words reached deep into my battered heart, past all the barriers. Not just the ones I'd put up, but the ones keeping us apart. I needed Vincent to ravage me, to pummel me from the front, the back, and every angle in between. My desire for him went beyond lust. It was necessary for my survival. If I didn't have him, I would wither like a flower in the Sahara.

I lowered in front of him, eager to take him into my mouth, desperate for his taste on my tongue. Vincent didn't move, giving me license to usurp control. Maybe his mind was just as tortured as mine, and he wanted to seize this opportunity before it evaporated like fog in the morning sun. I sucked him in hungrily, devouring his plush head and savoring his salty essence, indulging myself unabashedly as I strained to accommodate his thickness. Damn, I wanted to take him deeper, but he was a fucking beast.

Vincent dragged his fingers across my scalp, gently encouraging me, moaning in time with his thrusts. I felt his skin tighten and his vein pulse under my tongue, and I prayed he would give in this time. He held my head steady as he drove himself further, and he softly keened my name as he shot his load against the back of my throat. I swallowed greedily, shivering against the sheer quantity of his offering and the magnitude of my adoration for him. My sex spasmed at his vulnerability, and a moment later, he pulled me upright into his arms. His eyes had become discs of steel, and he slipped himself between my thighs, rubbing against my slick, hypersensitive flesh.