CHAPTER 16

I had come to the point where I could no longer hold back. I was kissing him. The guy I had been in love with for literally the majority of my life... I was kissing him.

But he didn't kiss me.

Of course he didn't. He had a girlfriend for crying out loud. One that he was faithful to. One that was actually faithful to him for once too. Naturally, he wouldn't kiss me back.

Attempting to get my act together, I finally pulled away. I could've sworn in that moment that Vic almost leaned in when I did, but that was probably just my imagination pulling a trick on me.

He kept staring at me, though. There was this intense and curious look in his dark eyes. I wasn't sure what it was, but I couldn't take it to look at him any longer.

"I'm gonna take a walk," I said, my voice barely a whisper. I had to get away for a moment, I just had to.

Vic didn't say anything while I slipped on my Vans and my denim jacket. And honestly I was relieved. I wasn't ready to explain myself to him. This just really wasn't supposed to happen at all.

He did follow me with his eyes, though; with everything I did and everywhere I walked. And still, he had that same strange and unfamiliar look in his eyes.

I clenched my jaw. It almost seemed like I had to use all my strength just so I wouldn't run back to him and kiss him again. The urge was so strong. But I knew, that above all, I just needed to get away from him.

I turned towards him a last time, stuffing my hands in my pockets. "It would probably be a good thing if you're gone when I come back," That was the best option for both of us.

Turning away, Vic stayed quiet. He didn't say anything or even stop me, and I was glad that he didn't. Him doing anything at all would only have made things harder for me.

So I left.

I left my apartment and took a stroll down a few blocks, hoping to clear my head and give Vic enough time to pack his bag and go home to his girl... or wherever, I didn't even care.

The semi-night air was cold, though, so I decided to head into an old familiar bar across from the park I just passed.

One drink, maybe two. Couldn't hurt, right?

"Corona, please." I said, waving to the bartender as I took a seat. God damn Mexican beer. Why did it have to taste so good?

"Glass?" He then asked.

"No thanks," We were all raised drinking from a bottle. Why stop now?

The bartender proceeded to shove the piece of lime into the neck of the bottle, and then slid it across the bar, right into my hand.

I couldn't believe what I had done. But the question still remained, how and how long had Vic known? Had I been that obvious? Did Jenna tell him? Was it just a joke that I blew? Had he always known?

Taking a few big gulps of my beer, I groaned and rested my forehead against the cold neck of the bottle.

"Hey there," An unfamiliar voice said, trying to catch my attention.

I looked beside me through the strands of my hair, unimpressed when I recognized the shirt that the guy was wearing. It was only then that I looked up at his face. Yep, closet fan guy.