Read a Book- (Avengers x reader)

(A/N: I saw the gif above on Tumblr and It gave me an idea. I sent this to tomboyadri and she said I should post this, so here it is. That is all. Carry on.................my wayward son

Summary: All you want is to read your book in peace and quiet

Warning: Language, kinda long 

Characters: Loki, Wanda, Bruce, Pietro, Natasha, Clint, Tony, Steve, Bucky, Vision, and Thor

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was your day off and for the first time in weeks, the tower was quiet. The team was doing their own things: Steve and Bucky were working out, Natasha and Clint were on a mission, Vision, Tony, and Bruce were in the lab, Wanda and Pietro were watching a movie in the Theater Room, Thor was visiting Jane, and Loki was in his room.

It was the perfect time for reading. So you changed into some comfortable clothes, grabbed ( Favorite book) and a cozy blanket, and made your way to the TV room. You even stopped by the kitchen to make yourself a nice cup of ( tea/coffee/ hot chocolate/ other).

Wrapping the blanket around you, you snuggled into the sofa cushions and started reading, taking a sip of your drink every so often. You were just getting to your favorite part when a gust of wind blew your hair. Looking over the top of your book, you see Pietro standing in front of you, holding Wanda in his arms.

"Hello (Y/N), what are you doing?" Wanda smiles, jumping out of Pietro's arms.

"Oh, you know, just trying to read. We don't get much down time, so it's a good time to just relax and enjoy a good book. H-how was the movie?" You force a smile. You didn't really care, but you didn't want to seem rude. Pietro's face lit up.

"It was wonderful! There was a couple, who were paid to kill this guy and when they went over to his house he...." At that point you had stopped listening, you just sat there nodding your head with a nervous grin on your face. You really wanted to read your book in peace, but you didn't want to hurt Pietro's feelings. He looked so excited, like a kid in a candy shop, you didn't want to crush his spirits.

While Pietro rambled, you glanced at Wanda to see her face scrunched up in concentration, her eyes a faint red. She stared off into space until she snapped her attention to you, her eyebrows raised. Your eyes widen. 'Oh shit...' you thought to yourself, ' she knows.'

Wanda gave you a reassuring smile before placing a hand on Pietro's shoulder, stopping him mid sentence.

"Brother, I believe we should let (Y/N) read her book in peace." Wanda suggested, you smile, but Pietro frowns.

"Why?" He questions, turning his attention to his sister. "(Y/N), wants to hear about the movie, right (Y/N)?"

Pietro turns back to you, but before you can say anything Wanda grabs Pietro's forearm.

"See, she wants to be left alone. Now come, let's go." Wanda starts pulling Pietro to the door, but he pulls away.

"No, you are not the boss of me. You are always bossing me around, like I am a little child. Well I'm not.."

"Well maybe I wouldn't have to treat you like a child If you didn't act like one!" Wanda argued, crossing her arms over her chest. That was the last thing you could understand as the twins start yelling at each other in russian. You sit there awkwardly, not knowing what to do, before grabbing your things and swiftly sneaking out undetected.

As you walk down the hall you could still hear the twins yelling at each other. You shake your head and try to think of another quiet place you could go to read. Maybe you could try the kitchen, lunch wasn't until a few hours from now, so it might be vacant. You start for the kitchen, when you hear someone call your name. You turn to see Clint and Natasha walking towards you.

"Hey (Y/N), wait up." Natasha and Clint smile as they catch up with you.

"Hey," you raise an eyebrow, noticing the two were covered in dirt and dried blood, " rough mission?"

" Things didn't go as planned, but it was nothing we couldn't handle. Got a little messy though." Clint shrugs.

You nod, laughing.. " I can see that. Well, I should get going. Glad you guys are okay." You grin, trying to get away as fast as possible , but Natasha speaks up.

"Where you going, Clint was about to make us some lunch in the kitchen? He makes a mean smoothie If you want one?" Natasha rolls her eyes as Clint agreed, looking smug. You stop.