Nightmare

~ Jack/Sean's POV ~

How did it come to this? How do I find myself standing outside an, obviously haunted, ridiculously old house, that looks to be falling apart? And, worst of all, why am I tempted to go inside?

The answer is simple: my girl is in there.

I dont know how, or when, it happened. I dont know anything. I just know that she is in there, and if I ever want to see her again, I have to find her myself.

For years, playing horror games, I told myself I wasnt stupid enough to go inside those haunted buildings, if those situations were real, and yet, here I am, absolutely willing to risk my life, and my sanity, just to find my (Y/N), who I believe is trapped inside. I must be way more stupid than I first suspected, and that's saying something.

I try to twist the doorknob, but, of course, it's locked. I sigh, my breath coming out in a cloud of grey vapour, thanks to the cold, it's fucking vape squad up in here now. I kick the door with all my mite, and it flies open, slamming against one of the walls on the inside of the building. Well, if there's anyone in this house, it fucking heard me just then, and Im even more likely to die than I was before. Awesome. Without a second thought, I take my first steps into the house, the door slams shut behind me, and when I turn to see if I can get out, I find it's locked. This is just like some fucked up horror game, and I hate it. I turn back, to see the hallway in front of me is pitch black. Fuck that. I pull my phone out of my back pocket, and turn on the torch function, thank the lord Jebediah for my constant need to have my phone on me, or I'd be even more completely fucked. Trying my very best to remain silent, I shuffle along the hallway, my legs shaking beneath me in fear at the groaning floorboards above me. Whenever I walk into something, trip slightly, or step on a creaky floorboard, I find myself cringing, bracing for impact, awaiting a psycho to jump out and slaughter me, but surprisingly, it doesnt happen.

At the end of the hall, there are three doors: one on my left, one on my right, and one straight in front of me. First, I try the door on my left. Locked. Then I try the one on my right. Locked. Finally, the one in front of me. Well, isnt that nice. It's open, and it has a staircase. Guess which way the stairway leads? Yep, you guessed it. Straight. Fucking. Down. If this were a horror game, this discovery might actually excite me a small bit. I shine my torch light down the stairs, and rest one of my hands on the wall for support, as I slowly edge my way down the stairs, delving even deeper into the unknown.

Once reaching the bottom of the stairs, I find myself in a damp sort of cellar. To the right of the stairs, is a passage, leading towards a wooden door, with a hatch-like window. Either side of the passage, are jail bars, separating them into two large jail cells either side of the passage, with no visible way of entering or escaping. What the fuck is this place? On full alert, I gingerly begin my walk down the passage. However, I retreat back to the stairs after my first step, after hearing footsteps, coming from the cell to the left of the passage. I slide down the wall, shrinking into myself, hoping that curling into a ball will make myself less visible. The footsteps are heavy, and their consistent, hard thumping against the damp ground, echoes throughout the cellar. I hear crying, coming from behind the door at the end of the passage. My eyes widen as I recognise the voice. (Y/N)! My (Y/N)! I wait until the footsteps sound distant, and then I make a break for it, I run as fast as I can down the passage, my entire body colliding with the wooden door, my hands scrambling to open the hatch, to see her again. As soon as I pull the hatch open, I see her small body, curled up in a ball, in the corner of her small cell.
"(Y/N), it's me!" I whisper urgently.
She stops crying, and slowly uncurls herself, looking up at me with wild, terrified eyes.
"Sean!?!" She gasps, her breathing raspy and shallow from the amount of crying she's done.
(Y/N) jumps up, and runs to the door. I reach my hand through the hatch to cup her cheek, as tears fall from her eyes.
"Im right here, it's ok now, Im going to get you out of here." I whisper softly, trying my best to comfort her.
"H-How?" She stutters in a quiet voice.
I smile as an idea makes its way into my head "Stand back, Jackaboy's got this!"
(Y/N) giggles at my excitement, before nodding, and retreating to her previous position in the corner. I take a step back, before kicking the door as hard as I possibly can. It doesnt open as I expected it to, but rather, my foot breaks through the wooden door, creating a small gap. I bend down and begin to frantically pull at the pieces of wood, trying to make the gap bigger so that (Y/N) can climb through. C'mon, just a little more, then I can hold her again!
When the gap is big enough, and my hands are bleeding from the amount of effort I put into my frantic actions, I smile brightly "You can come through now (Y/N)!"
She shakes her head as she cries "I-I cant move!" She cries.
I frown worriedly and crawl through the hole myself, before standing up, ready to comfort her, help her through it, and get us both the fuck out of here. But, once I stand up, I realise that Im in an empty cell. I turn back to the door, to see that the hole I had kicked in, has disappeared. I run to the hatch, to see (Y/N) being held in the arms of some giant, ugly, beast of a man, as she screams, kicks, and fights to get away from him. I bang on the door, desperate to help her, save her, but I cant do anything. Im trapped.

My eyes fly open, and I sit bolt upright, cold sweat running down my forehead, having already dampened my hair. My entire body shakes with fear from the intense nightmare I just experienced.
"Babe? What's wrong?" (Y/N) asks tiredly as she wipes her eyes.
I turn to face her, and let out a relieved cry, before pulling her into my arms, and rocking her back and forth, while covering her entire face with kisses. She's here. She's safe.
"Oh god (Y/N), I thought I lost you!" I whisper in a hoarse voice.
She wraps her arms around me and plays with my hair to calm me down  "Sean, it was just a bad dream, you'll never lose me, Im right here."
I sniffle into her neck "I love you, so much."
She pulls away from me slightly to kiss me softly "I love you too." She changes the subject "Now, care to tell me what happened in this nightmare?"
I clear my throat "I-I was uh, in this haunted house, a-and you were trapped inside, b-but when I broke into your cell, y-you were gone, and then I was trapped, and you were being hurt by this big guy, a-and I couldnt do anything to help. Im so sorry sweetheart!"
(Y/N) kisses me again "Shhh Sean, it's ok, you did all you could, it was only a nightmare." She stops "Did you say haunted house?"
I nod "Yeah, why?"
She sighs and facepalms "This is what you get for playing Resident Evil 7 before coming to bed, ya silly!"
I laugh slightly "Oh shit, yeah, that makes sense, why didnt I think of that?"
"Because, as I said, you're a silly." (Y/N) explains.
I nod and lie back down in bed "Very true."
She lies down beside me, and curls up against my chest, my arms hold her tightly against me.
I kiss the top of her head "I love you, and I promise to protect you better next time."
(Y/N) giggles "I love you too, and ok, whatever you say, Liam Neeson."
I laugh, and shake my head, coming to a realisation "I wont be able to go back to sleep now, after almost losing you, Im too scared to close my eyes."
(Y/N) leans up to softly peck my lips "What can I do to help?"
I bite my lip "Sing for me?"
She nods "Alright, you got it homie."
She then shifts position, so that my face is hidden away in her neck, my arms are around her waist, and she has her arms around me, her fingers continuing to play with my hair. I close my eyes, already smiling at the thought of her singing me to sleep. She has the voice of angel, though she's very shy about singing in front of anyone else. (Y/N) clears her throat, and takes a deep breath.
"Makin' my way downtown, walkin' fast, faces pass and Im homebound..."

My eyes snap open "Are you fUCKING KIDDING ME!?!"
(Y/N) laughs, before continuing "Staring blankly ahead, just makin' my way, makin' my way through the crowd..."
I sigh "DUNANA NANANANA!"
"AND I NEED YOU!" She sings loudly.
I clear my throat and raise my voice "DUNANA NANANANA!"
"AND I MISS YOU!" (Y/N) continues.
I take a deep breath, before shouting "DUNANA NANANANA!"
"AND NOW I WONDER!" (Y/N) shouts, before we both burst out laughing, and eventually, fall asleep, in the safety of each others arms.