Pippa's Story

Pippa's POV

Age:Three

  I grinned happily as I saw my grandma. She had come to pick me up from school. I was already in school, due to my mommy's insistence. I immediately ran to her and she picked me up, kissing my cheek.

  She signed me out and got my things and we left, going to her baby blue Cadillac. She strapped me into the back and I squealed happily.

  "Where's Mommy and Daddy?" I shrieked in my baby-like voice.

  "Some place better than you could ever imagine." She whispered softly. She climbed into the front seat and we were off. I colored on the way, using some crayons and paper.

  After 15 minutes, she pulled up to my house, but there were flashing cars and yellow tape around it. She slid out of the seat and unbuckled me. I was carried inside of the big mansion-like house. There were people in uniform and blood spatters everywhere. I swear I saw my mom amd dad lying in one of them, lying still.

  My grandma spoke to one and handed me to one of the men. He took me upstairs towards my bedroom and another man gave him a bag. He put my clothes in it amd asked me to grab things I wanted to take with me. I grabbed my stuffed animals of course, a book of my mother's and a book of fairytales. He took the books from me and put them in the bag, along with a card.

  "You'll know what to do eventually." he whispered softly in my ear. He took all of my animals and put them in the bag, except for my stuffed elephant.

  "Keep that close." He whispered again, setting the bag on his shoulder and picking me up. We left the wrong way, through the back door instead of the front. He climbed into my daddy's car and strapped me into the passenger quickly. He set the bag in the back and we drove off, off to a new home, a new begginning.

Age:10

  I slid on my dark blue dress and my matching flats. Tears streamed down my pale cheeks. I clutched the elephant I had had for so long in my arms. Today, I was to go to Johnny's funeral. He was my daddy and he had died from a bear attack.

  Momma set me in the car and we drove off.

  When we arrived at the funeral home, I immediately rushed to see my daddy. Tears were streaming down my face as I clutched onto his cold hand.

  "Daddy, why did you leave me?" I whispered softly. I looked around and saw no one watching so I climbed up into the casket, laying in my daddys stiff arms.

  Sooner or later, someone found me and took me home. I just slept on the way, the smell of the dead clinging to my body.