34.

My phone blows up as Niall and I run out into the rain, soaking me from head to toe. My tears run down my face furiously thinking about what I had heard Louis and Harry talking about. All I was to Harry was a bet.

My heart ached as I let the cold rain hit my face and exposed shoulders. Locating Niall's car I get inside and listen to Niall ignite the engine. I try and steady my breathing but end up hyperventilating just as I look up and see Harry running towards the car that is now moving. My eyes flood over with tears as I watch him try and catch up to us even though it isn't possible with the accelerating speed of the car. I watch him fade into the rain while Niall looks over at me with a worried expression.

"Kendall what happened back there?" Niall asked once again as the rain pelted against the windshield.

I hesitate for a few moments before speaking, "Did you know?" My eyes dart to Niall with dark intent.

"Did I know what?" Niall question still confused at my vagueness.

"Did you know about the bet?" I blatantly asked Niall wanting to know if he knew about the bet that Harry and Louis were involved in. The bet that I had fulfilled by falling for Harry, after I had finally opened up my heart to Harry things took a turn.

Niall sat in silence while I waited for an answer, part of me believed that he did know about it and was unsure with what to say to me.

"Niall?" I choked saying his name as he kept his eyes on the road and blinked slowly. I wasn't sure if that was a confirmation to my question but his lips parted slightly as he stalled.

"It was stupid Kendall... It didn't mean anything we were stupid boys being assholes." Niall finally spoke causing my heart to crack at is words. My hand covered over my mouth as I took in a struggled breath from hyperventilating.

"Does Blair know?" I asked wondering if I was the only one that had no clue about the whole bet that transpired.

"No, Blair has no clue." Niall told my honestly as I sobbed letting the heartache catch up to me. All the pain from my life hitting me full force, the dull aching becoming more intense and electrifying my deep emotions.

"Kendall I promise that bet didn't mean anything, Harry loves you! He never wanted to hurt you." Niall tried as my thoughts ran wild with all the broken memories of Harry and I.

"Well it's a little too late for that." I ran my hands through my hair and trie to calm my raging thoughts that came in waves of negativity. Second guessing everything I ever had with Harry with each thought hitting full force.

"Let me out." I instructed Niall as I trailed my eyes to our neighborhood, my house was only a block away but I needed to be alone. I needed time to myself to think, I couldn't be around anyone right now.

"Kendall-"

"Let me out Niall." I demanded getting a little more emotional with the way I responded, it came out more like a shout. Niall pulls to the side of the road and I pull the handle of the car, not giving Niall a second look as I slam the car door shut and start walking towards my house.

My caught in the headlights of Niall's car as I keep on the straight sidewalk to my house. The cold rain drenches me in its cold embrace as I violently cry and let my makeup melt off my face. A twinge of pain ripples through my chest and travels through the rest of my body as I picture Harry's face when I had walked in unexpectedly.

Everything hurt.

+

"Kendall?" My mom turned to the front door to see me soaked in the rain from walking the rest of the way home. Her tears ran down her face as her and my father stood across from each other throwing insults and fighting like they had been for weeks now.

I move my gaze up to meet her, she stands looking at my worn out face that was soaked in tears of sadness. Tears still roll down my cheeks as I standing the doorway with the storm raging on outside, similar to what is happening to me internally.

She runs to me and embraces my trembling cold body that was throbbing with pain. I wrap my arms around her midsection and nuzzle my face into her white blouse she wore. I cried into her shoulder wanting all my emotions to spill all over the floor. I was tired of bottling how I felt and now with this added bonus of a heartache I found it all overwhelming.

I am at an all time low.

"Kendall baby?" My mom whispered to me as she held onto me tightly trying to take away the pain that was making my body sore all over. "I'm here now... I'm here baby."

I sniffle and close my eyes to the harsh lighting of the house. The thunder drums outside making an accurate representation of how I was feeling on the inside. There was a storm raging on the inside and it was finally now coming out fully. I was feeling every single emotion all at once and it all was overwhelming me, making me sick. I wanted to drown my sorrow.

"I'm sorry baby... I'm sorry I never listened to you. I'm sorry I was never there for you.... I have been such a terrible mom to you and your sisters and I am so sorry baby." She confessed to me, my heart thumping in my chest hearing something had never heard my mother say before. Sorry.

I had never heard her say she was sorry before and profusely apologize for things she has done wrong. My throat is dry as she pulls away from me, pushing my black hair away from my face to get a better look at my puffy eyes from all the tears that wouldn't stop. She places her hand on my cheek and my head tilts into it as she then takes me into her arms once again.

Even though she doesn't understand what is happening she holds me close and whispers words of comfort to me in the time that I can barely even speak with my sobbing. I was sinking to the ground as if I were in quicksand, it's up to my knees and theres no way out of this sinking feeling.