Chapter Nineteen

-----------------

Dedication: Superattractive for the cool mood board of Grace!

Recap:

I internally groaned. He looked so handsome when he smiled.

"Oh hell yeah."

He grinned. "Told ya."

I sat back in my chair, unable to wipe the smile from my face.

I did not expect my afternoon to turn out like this.

------------------

"Grace."

My eyes feel heavy. I am so tired...

"Grace."

I can feel someone tugging my arm, but opening my eyes is so difficult...

"You're annoying even when you sleep," the person huffs.

Realising who's voice that is, makes me wake with a start. Brilliant green eyes stare back at me. Hayden flicks my forehead as I stare up at him in a daze.

"Ouch," I snap, smacking his hand away and slingshotting back into reality real quick. "What did you do that for?"

He shrugs, offering me a gorgeous lope-sided smile, making a dimple appear on his left cheek. 

"Couldn't resist."

"Behave," Heather scolds him, effectively snapping me out of my drool-fest. "Take the poor girl home, she's exhausted."

"Oh, I'm okay," I say through a yawn. "I can walk."

"I told you she is annoying," he says to his mum with a shrug.

"Hayden!" she exclaims, looking embarrassed about the way he spoke of me.

I am honestly so used to it by now, I hardly even recognise that he is insulting me anymore.

"What? It's true."

"Shut up," I laugh, pushing myself to my feet.

"Do you want to stay for dinner Grace, or are you too tired?"

"Mum," Hayden groans. "Stop. She doesn't want to stay for dinner. Now she's going to feel awkward."

"I'm not," I interject, but they both ignore me.

"I was just being polite!"

"I am really tired," I admit, intervening between the two. "Thank you for the offer. I definitely will stay for dinner next time," I smile and flit my eyes to Hayden, who stares at me like I have suddenly grown three heads. I grin. I love messing with him. "Thank for you letting me stay."

"Any time!" Heather assures me. "And don't be silly, Hayden will take you home."

I force a smile onto my face.

Hayden shakes his head at Heather, before he collects his keys. I follow him through the kitchen and out to the front door, grabbing my own gym bag on the way.

I trail wordlessly behind him as we go out to the garage. I let out a whistle at the ute that sat before me. It is jet black, with black wheels and dark, tinted windows.

"Wow, nice car," I comment as I slide into the passenger seat.

The interior looks fresh and neat, as if Hayden cleans it every single day. I run my fingers over the leather seats. When he turns the key, a deep rumble could be heard underneath, vibrating our seats. I'm surprised he is able to drive a car like this, I would have thought with all the add-ons and the power of it, you'd need to have your unrestricted license to drive it. Perhaps you do and Hayden simply doesn't care. Normal rules don't seem to apply to him.