Chapter 5: Aiden is a Asshole

Sitting in Gym Class is no fun. Avery decided not to turn up in class today and here I am sitting alone listening to Mr Simpson introducing himself.

To the right side of my eye, I see Aiden Zach, Aaron, Reece, Ace, Alex and a few others sitting in the back corner laughing amongst themselves.

While to my left, I see some nerds talking about the angles you keep in position of when it comes to basketball.

And me, well I'm alone trying to avoid attention as much as possible sitting next near to the nerds so Aiden doesn't take any notice of me.

"So, we are going to play a match of basketball, after a few lessons you may choose your teams but for the first few I will choose" Mr Simpson announces, hearing a few moans from the back (not those moans, you dirty minded people).
I Low-key sighed in relief because the embarrassment I would have to face if we were allowed to choose.

We all stand up from the benches getting ready to be placed in groups. I stand there playing around with my feet, looking down waiting to play.

Mr Simpson lays out four bags full of colourful bibs to wear representing our team and says,

"Right, I need four captains", no one puts their hands up except Aiden, Zach, Alex and some girl next to Aiden with swollen lips.

I mentally gag trying to get her image out of my head only to realise it was the same girl in the toilet the other day in the café...that's just gross.

Mr Simpson put them as team Captains except the blonde girl and instead he put some timid looking boy as team captain.

Is it me or is Mr Simpson sexist because all the captains are boys?.

I shrug the thought and beg god to put me in the shy boys' team.

And much to my praying, God benefited me and also did not benefit me.

My name was called out which made everyone look at me and start trying to be nice since they saw that I'm the girl in that video, I also saw Aiden whispering something in Zach's ear and then laughing.
Jerk!

And he benefited me by putting me in the shy Boy's group whose name is Evan.

Now we were playing Basketball, so I used to take clubs after school so I'm not bad at the sport. In fact it's my favourite!

Currently, its Aiden's team V. S Alex's team.

Aiden play really well, when the ball came bouncing about to hit my face, he jumped in the way and continued bouncing in a different direction, and didn't even give a glance back.

Now being the short person I am, I will fail by attempting to throw the ball in the basket hoop, but I'm great at tackling.

Finally, after Aiden's group one and Alex pulling a tantrum of how it wasn't fair, it was us against Aiden.

I stood right behind him so I could grab the ball once the game starts and then lead it towards the goal.

As soon as the whistle was blown, Michelle (a team member of my group) smacked the ball right across Aiden's head and with me aiming to grab the ball.