Chapter 2

Len should have felt a little at ease that it was only a girl standing there because she was a human being and not some kind of monster. But that girl was pointing a dagger at him and was holding something of stick which was glowing at the tip. The stick reminded him of those staves the mages use in MMOs or RPGs games. If it weren't for the weapons, Len would say the girl was rather... Cute? He wasn't saying that she wasn't attractive with weapons. She looked pretty 'hot' as how kids word say it. She had long turquoise hair which reached her waist. Turquoise was an unusual natural hair colour so Len guessed she dyed it. Her eyes were cyan and looked at it reminded him of the ocean. The girl was really skinny too, as if she was anorexic. Maybe she was. How was Len gonna know. Some people were born skinny.

  Overall the girl was really pretty. Actually no, she was gorgeous. Heck. Even gorgeous wasn't a good enough word to describe her.

  Then it hit him. Was she even a normal living, breathing human being? Human beings couldn't freeze a person like that.

  "Who are you?" The girl repeated. Len wanted to roll his eyes so bad. He couldn't move! How was he to answer? The girl happened to know what he was thinking and waved the stick she was holding. Len found himself unfrozen. Next thing he knew, he found himself face-first into the floor. Len could almost feel the girl rolling her eyes at him. But she held up her arm to pull him up. There was a deep gash on it which Len guessed  she got it when he was waving around the penknife. Her hand was also covered in bandages.

  Len pushed away her hand and got up on his own. The girl made a sort of stifled rejected noise.

  "So. Who are you and what are you doing in Rin's house?" The girl glared at him.

  "Shouldn't I be asking? This is my house and I'm Len Kagamine AKA Rin's brother!" Len glared back at the girl. They had certainly got of the wrong start. The girl blinked. "Since when did she have a brother?"

  "Since 16 years ago?" Len scoffed. The girl narrowed her eyes at him. "You don't have to be rude. Anyways, where's Rin? It's really urgent. Tell her to come back."

  "She's on a overseas trip with her friends. Why do you need her? And she for contacting her, Rin accidentally left her phone here. We tried calling one of her friends but she won't pick up. So basically she can't contact her. I'm pretty sure she safe through. Why do you need her?"

  "Overseas? " The girl repeated, sounding horrified." Is she coming back today? Like right now?"

  Len shook his head. "She isn't coming back till' the end of next month. Is it that urgent? Why do you need her?"

  The girl was to busy mumbling to herself to listen to him. There was a mix of mortification and nervousness on her face. After a few seconds, she looked back at him. "Can you fight?"

  Len raised an eyebrow. "I guess. I could fend myself pretty well from the bullies at school."

  The girl tilted her head. "We won't exactly be facing 'bullies' but I guess you will have to do since you have Kagamine blood."

  "What--" Len started but the girl cut him off. "Say your last words Kagamine, I can't guarantee if you ever are coming back again."

  "Wait wait wait. " Len held his hand out to prevent her from saying anything else. "I'm not going anyway until you tell me what's going on. This is crazy! You telling me that I'm going to die if I follow you?!" Len planted himself onto the couch to indicate to her that he was staying put and was not going anyway anytime soon.

  The girl sighed and crossed her arms. "Fucking hell." She cursed. "Okay little boy, I'm gonna say this once and if you don't catch it, it's your loss. " Len felt pretty insulted about being called 'A little boy' but kept quiet.

  "So. I haven't introduced myself. But we can do that later... "She glanced at her watch. Or at least Len thought was a watch. "The portal is gonna close in 3 minutes time and, " She looked back up at Len. "You won't move your stubborn ass. So I'll have to explain everything."

  Len nodded a gestured her to continue.

  "So. We need help to save the world. And saving the world isn't all fun and games. We might die in the process. Unfortunately, we don't have a choice whether we want to sacrifice ourselves or not, because we are chosen by blood. In your case, you are replacing Rin."

  "What do you mean by saving the world?" Len leaned in, rather interested in what sort of story she was telling.

  "Shut up and let me talk." She shot him another look. "The world is ending, and is you need proof, one look at the weather system should show you. All this is because of a beast sent by the gods a long time ago. So, our task is to put the beast back to sleep and hope is never wakes again. Also, some others will be helping. I will let you know the details when we reach there."

  "So. I have been chosen to save the world? You seem to be taking this rather lightly. Why should I trust you? Are you pranking me or something? I'm pretty sure Rei found it funny to send a hot girl after me to mess with my brain just because I won't go to his party." Len looked around, expecting Rei to jump out of no where and say "SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER!"

  "D-Did you just call me hot?" The girl said with a stunned and horrified look on her face.

  Len blushed and crossed​ his arms. "N-No! You're just hearing things! I wouldn't call a pig like you hot!"

  Len wanted to slap himself. A pig? The girl was the complete opposite!

  The girl rolled her eyes and waved away the matter. "Never mind that. So now are you willing to come with me?"

  "Fine. But if this really is a prank, Rei... Fuck you." Len deadpanned.

  The girl nodded half-heartedly. "Great. Take my hand."

  "WHAT?!" Len practically screamed, his first turning all shades or red.

  "Shut up you idiot!"

  Len reluctantly took her hand. For a moment, nothing happened but then a sudden wave of dizziness washed over him.

  And in a blink of an eye, the two teenagers where gone