Gone......Again - Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Gone......Again.

Chance's P.O.V

The men had left and I had sent Terra to her 'room' promising I would be by to visit her soon, but the truth was, she was suffocating me. I enjoyed her presence but she was always there, and then the way she acted in front of the other Vampire Kings was just plain embarrassing. Clarissa would have never done that. In fact, Clarissa would be perfect. She would sit in the chair and talk with us, not disrupt us by acting like a child.

I don't think Terra is right for me. Clarissa is the one I love and I never should have tried to replace her. Terra was just a small fairy I felt bad for, and thought that we shared the same pain, but now I know that we will never have the same pain. I need to get rid of Terra and get my dear Clarissa back pronto.

I walked to my desk and sat down in my chair. My laptop was already turned on so all I had to do was post an advertisement now. I would get my Clarissa back and I would not wait any longer.

'I am offering a reward for the return of my future queen. There will be a reward of riches beyond your wildest imagination. Please contact King Chance for any other information.'

There was no need for any contact information because who didn't have the kings number? I would send some people out later to post and hand out pictures of Clarissa but now I just needed to feed.

Clarissa's P.O.V

I lay in Oliver's arms all day not even talking, just staring into each other's eyes. I felt like we were just making sure the other wasn't planning on leaving and I guess we both needed that right know. I watched Oliver slowly close his eyes but snap them right back open. He's so tired I can see it in his eyes. He needs his rest.

"Oliver, why don't you take a nap?" He shook his head.

"I'm not tired." Yeah right, he can barely keep his eyes open.

"No worries, I will be right here when you open your eyes. Promise." With a small smile on his face Oliver closed his eyes and he was out like a light. His slow breathing plus the rising and fall of his chest put me at ease.

"Let's go"

What? Go where?

"Go practice. You're just a sitting duck when Oliver's not around."

But I promised him that I would be there when he woke up.

"If you want to be able to help Oliver in battle I suggest you go to the woods and train."

I'm starting not to like you.

I leaned over and gave Oliver a peck on the cheek then slowly but surely eased out of bed. Once out of bed I tip toed out of the door. I feel like a ninja. I swung my arms back and started running down the hall to my room. I opened the door to the closet and stepped in quietly. Even though the chances of Oliver hearing me were slim, I wanted to make sure I didn't disturb him while he slept.

In the closet I quickly and quietly changed into a pair of black running shorts, some plain white tennis shoes, and a purple spaghetti strap tank top.

****

"AGAIN!"

If I had a knife she would be dead. Cayson had me out here in the middle of the woods climbing trees in wolf form. Don't get me wrong it was fun for the first three times. Knowing how powerful you are, and being able to balance on each branch was amazing. I had managed to master getting to the first branch and climb to each branch, but the hard part was jumping from tree to tree.

"I SAID DO IT AGAIN!"

I'm a wolf, what the hell am I doing in a tree!? I should be on the ground, chasing a squirrel or something! Not in a tree jumping from branch to branch!

"DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?" Cayson asked over pronouncing 'understand.' I hurried up a nearby tree and got ready to leap to a tree that was about five feet away. I left room for a running start then ran as fast as I could. I leaped off the branch and was flying in the air. I did as Cayson had said before and pointed my paws and tucked my head and soon I was on the ground in pain. My paw must have landed on the ground the wrong way. I howled out in pain while I laid there on the forest floor. What a nice place to die, I thought to myself.

"Stop being a baby, you broke your wrist, you're not going to die."

I heard footsteps coming my way. Then I felt a sharp pain in my head. My vision blurred, my hearing was gone completely, and I'm sure I'm being kidnapped.

*Unknown's P.O.V*

I was going to be rich. I had got what the king wanted... his dear, sweet, and might I say beautiful bride to be. I didn't know exactly what to do with all the money I would get but I knew the faster I get her to him, the faster I can get the money. I know a guy that owns a plane. I would have the sweet money in my hands in no time. No more living with my mom, no more being told to get a job, more girls and did I mention more girls? I would be living the life.