XVI

As days went on and nights grew colder Blake felt a sense of longing in his chest. A longing for something that he once had. Dammit get it together! You're the one that did this, you're cause of it. So stop feeling like this! Thoughts like that ran through his head every waking hour. He knows he shouldn't long for something he let go of. He dismissed the thoughts and went about his day.

       Days went on and night grew colder to the point to where snow was on the ground. Winter, the season Ember loved more than anything. It reminds her when times where actually good; back to when her family was still with her and even to a couple months ago, when she and Blake met. Soon enough she felt a sense of longing in her chest, a longing that she had something she once had before. She quickly dismissed those thoughts and went about her day.

       Neither of the teens wanted to admit that it was each other they wanted. They both figured if the other really wanted something to work they'd do it on their own; with each one having that mindset neither of them made the move. Both too scared that something would happen for good or for worse.
Ember wanted Blake to know that she's still here and that she's willing to start over. Blake wanted Ember to know that he's scared to get close again, that he can't lose her and he regrets making her forget.

      As the day continued Blake could feel her stares on his back in each of their classes. He wanted to turn around and talk to her just like before, but he knew he couldn't; at least not right now. He wanted to sit and see how it plays out, he wanted to see if something was going to happen to her. He wants her safe, but he doesn't know how much longer he's able to stay away from her.
     You know that feeling of caring for someone beyond all rationality, you would die for them, you want them but can't have them. You would literally walk the ends of the earth just for them even if they don't feel the same? That's the feeling you get when you love someone or something. And feeling this way for Ember scares him so much and he doesn't know what to do. Especially since the girl he loves, the girl that he's loved for last couple of months almost a year is in danger, because of him. Having that feeling of fear for your loved one makes you hesitate and distance yourself for the feeling that you're doing something right and they won't be hurt. Being scared, scares him and he doesn't know what to do.

    I loved him. Those three words rang through her head as images flashed in her eyes in realization that they were closer than she had previously thought.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hey guys hope you liked this chapter, took me for-fucking-ever to get out and I'm sorry. I had some serious fucking writers block. But I'll see you guys soon love you bye ✌️✨