Chapter 12

Chapter 12:

The first thing I became aware of as I slowly drifted up from the depths of slumber was Alex's warm hands moving over my skin, bringing a pleasure that made my entire body melt. In my still foggy mind, i realized Alex was hovering over me by the warmth and light weight of his body touching mine.

"Mm," I moaned softly when his fingers slowly trailed down my side.

As if knowing that he had succeeded in waking her up, Alex's soft touches became more firm and adventurous.

"Good morning," I heard him greet huskily.

"It's morning already?" I muttered giving out a soft yawn before finally deciding to open my eyes.

I saw Alex looking down at me with a smile and gleaming golden eyes before I allowed my gaze to sweep the room as my drowsiness began to leave me.

"It's barely dawn!" I almost whined as another yawn escaped me.

I felt more than heard Alex chuckle and I glanced back at him with a halfhearted glare.

"Mm," Alex murmured in pleasure. "They say the mornings can be the best time to make love," he commented with a wolfish grin.

With that said, he bucked his hips slowly and I gasped in shock when i felt him harden inside me, reminding me that we had fallen asleep with our bodies connected intimately. i felt myself blush along with the rest of my body as my core immediately clenched in need.

"What you say about the mornings is a pretense because it doesn't seem matter to you the hour or the place," i retorted playfully.

"You know me so well, love," he responded with a chuckle.

"Shouldn't you be with the pack?" I asked him before wrapping my arms around his neck.

"No, I am exactly where I need to be right now." He whispered before pulling me into his arms.

"If you have to go then go," I said but deep down, I wanted him to hold me today and never leave but I know he had duties since he was the alpha.

"I have a duty as your mate and I just want to stay with you." He said firmly and I snuggled deeper into his chest.

After making love another time, Alex had to leave; he said it was something urgent but he refused to tell me.

I hoped that after yesterday, he would be able to tell me everything but obviously he didn't, but at least he told me about his sister and I know with time he would be able to tell me anything.

Drew was lounging in one of the sofas downstairs. He was playing xbox and he was really focused on it.

I went down and sat next to him and he turned his head to look at me, He smirked and raised his eyebrows at me as if telling me a secret message.

"What?" I said confused by his silence.

"Why did you wake up so late?" He said before a grin took over his face.

"I was tired," I replied, and quickly distracted my gaze somewhere else, away from his gaze.

"Uh huhh." He muttered, when I turned to face him, he was waggling his eyebrows at me.

I felt the blush coming again so I went to the kitchen as I was hungry anyway.

"Where is Emma?" I asked as I finally realized she wasn't here, I knew she was rude to me last time we talked but I understood her reasons.

She was worried about Alex; Alex was the only family left for her and even if they had arguments, they cared about each other.

"Went to the mall, I guess." Drew shrugged as he made his way towards the kitchen.