Summer Love

'so please don't make this any harder, we can't take this any farther' - Summer Love

we can't take this any farther' - Summer Love

Harry refused to let Zayn cloud his thoughts after leaving for work. Despite the excitement of having a boy that he was attracted to sleeping in his bed, Harry had been a little annoyed all of today. Aubrey was being a handful at school and he hadn't really been that enthusiastic for work on a Wednesday, especially since he had more than 3 assessments waiting for him when he returned home. He wanted more than anything to be able to stay home, ignoring the assessment even just for a little while as he'd drown in Zayn's company.

But he really needed the money.

"Harry, can you make Mr Spaldie you're signature cup of tea and then you can be done with your shift" Dina gives him a bright smile and he can't help but give in despite his shift ending 11 minutes ago.

"Of course"

Dina was a lovely lady in her mid 30's, she was a tall and slim woman with long black hair that usually fell just below her hip bones, hair that was currently in two parallel plaits that only reached just under where her shoulder blades ended. She had inherited the small coffee shop from her father with no knowledge of how to run a business, but she was managing quite well.

Harry fell in love with her in a platonic type of way the first time he had met her. She was running after a man who he later finds out is her father, who had legs like a spider and the palest white hair. Harry watches as she trips over the leg of a chair. He rushes over to help her up.

"Are you ok?"

She nods her head and looks up, "say, are you looking for a job by any chance?"

Harry smiles whilst half way into making Mr Spaldie's cup of joe, reminiscing about Dina. She was also the first person who he had come out to even before Aubrey, he felt like she was someone who he could confide in and she felt the exact same way about Harry. Once he finishes, Harry makes his way from the kitchen towards where Mr Spaldie was seated, waiting patiently for his order. Harry smiles as he sets it down infront of the smiling man.

"Hope you don't mind, it's a bit hot"

-

When Harry gets home, his stomach does flips as he turns the handle of his door. He hoped to find a certain senior occupying the space but instead finds a torn out page of his note book resting on his pillow. His heart sinks just a little as he drops his work bag on the floor and paces towards the page, inspecting it.

'Thanks for letting me stay the night, I appreciate it very much. You're very kind, sorry for ruining your moment with Ed the other day as well and for anything i may have said last night :)

I felt kind of bad and I don't wanna get in your way anymore so I'm gonna go crash at Niall's for the time being, he owes me heaps of shit so I don't feel guilty

Thanks heaps
                       Zayn.

Harry felt his heart plummet, sinking further and further until it could sink no more. Zayn had left, the note cementing Harry's assumption. Why did it affect him so bad, the brown haired boy was restless trying to comprehend how it had come to this in such a short timespan of days. Harry thought Zayn was truly beautiful and it worried him. He could not stress how unhealthy it was to feel this way about a boy he barely knew and yet here he was. The dirty feeling that lingered in his stomach from hoping that Zayn would of been there when he came home shocked him.

Harry sighs, reaching for his glasses and letting his mind drag him elsewhere as he drowned in his pile of assessments.

🎥🎥🎥

Zayn

"So where did you go today? Didn't see you at school" A shiver crawls up Zayn's spine at Niall's words. He tries his best to formulate a reason before responding with,

"Uhh...er, I uh...hmm sick?"

Niall gives him a look of disbelief. "Want to learn to talk lad?" He laughs it off, not questioning the obviously traumatised Zayn any longer. The tired boy silently thanks Niall for being able to read between the lines as he stares down at the sheets he'd sprawled himself across. They weren't as soft as Harry's and Zayn was already startig to miss the smell of the juniors sheets. He let his eyes follow the creasing lines of the white sheet before him as a means to distract from the thought that made a home in the back of his mind. He couldn't believe how sweet Harry was to take him in for the night, it only made it harder for him to want to stay away. Harry was an angel and Zayn didn't want that quality to ever disappear from his mesmerising emerald eyes. So he made his decision final; stay away from Harry.

"You alright mate?" Zayn looks up and gives a half-hearted smile in Niall's direction, seeing the concern on his best friend's face knowing that lying was pointless. He pauses for a moment in thought, pondering on whether confiding in Niall would be a good idea or not. He decides against it and keeps to himself, so Niall continues. "Want to get on the piss then?" Zayn couldn't love an idea more.

Bit of a Filler - more to come soon x