Interview with @neerunni

@neerunni is the author of 'First Kiss and Broken Promises'. The link to her book is given in the external link!

Enjoy!

_____________________________________________________________

1. What do they call you?

A. They call me a lot of things but I’m going to mention only one here – Neeru :)

2. For how long have you been writing?

A. I have been writing for a while now – long letters, poems, content writing, television reviews, but I started writing fiction only five months ago.

3. Which part of writing a story, do you enjoy the most? (Creating characters, the plot and the subplots, the beginning/ending or the middle)

A. I enjoy the entire process, but if I have to pick just one, it would be creating the characters. It is challenging and fulfilling when they turn out exactly the way I wanted them to and readers receive them with the same enthusiasm.

4. Have you faced any embarrassing moments, in terms of writing?

A. Not yet. But, there was a facepalm moment when my first chapter went through numerous edits by me before my friend spotted a silly mistake I had repeated couple of times – ‘break’ for ‘brake’. I asked myself, how could I, several times. I am paranoid about such mistakes slipping through my fingers while writing and self-editing.

5. Which is your favorite color? Have you made any reference to it in your story/stories?

A. YES!!! (Sorry about the triple exclamation) Red is totally my color and black. I simply love the combo and I have used it a few times in my story. Those who have read it will know what I am referring to. I would love to see if the fans of FKBP remember those and can mention it in the comments section :D

6. Out of the stories you have written on Wattpad, which is the most memorable one?

A. FKBP is my first fiction and its half done. It’s my pride and joy.

7. Are you planning on publishing soon?

A. At this moment, it’s a wish, a dream. I have a long way to go before I sit down and plan along those lines.

8. Which is your favorite book/series on Wattpad?

A. There are so many, and I realized, I always leave something out when I list them out in interviews. So I’m going to gently point you towards my reading list titled ‘Favorites’.

9. What kind of help do you provide - critiques, free advice or editing?

A. I advice only when sought, else I’m just happy to read, and say how I feel about the story or the chapter I read. I don’t know enough to be a good critic. Same goes for editing.

10. Which author do you idolize (off Wattpad)?

A. There are several authors I love. Mentioning a few here – John Grisham, Jeffery Archer, Robin Cook, Robert Ludlum, Richard Bach, Jane Austen, P G Wodehouse, Arthur Conan Doyle, etc etc etc. This list is far from complete.

11. If you were a newbie, which part of the story would you focus on most?

A. The beginning.

12. Which is your favorite character (off Wattpad) ?

A. Mr Darcy and Sherlock Holmes (even before Colin Firth and Benedict Cumberbatch (respectively) owned the roles)

13. If you were given a choice to become one character (of your story posted on Wattpad) which one would you be and why?

A. Aryan Diaz. There is so much going on with him that the readers are still not aware. I would love to get into the skin of this character so I can peg him right and present him to the fans in the best possible way. Moreover, fans seem to love him. I would love to be Aryanized from within :D

14. Do you prefer dark romance or the usual?

A. Red and black are my colors. Which do you think? :D

15. Where do you look for your inspiration?

A. It is all around me – pictures, something my kids say, a show I am watching, a joke, a quote, anything and everything.

16. What’s your favorite TV show?

A. Right now, Sherlock, Game of Thrones, and Arrow. I have selective amnesia so am sure I have forgotten a few in this list too.

17. Do you prefer more reads, votes or comments?

A. I prefer more readers who regularly read, vote, and comment :-)

18. Imagine the world is collapsing around you, what would you choose to save – technology or books?

A. Technology - most of the books will be saved along with it anyways.

19. What is the best advice you have given and received?

A. Just write – given and received, assuming you are asking about writing.

20. Any extra tips for our young writers?

A. Write, Write with heart, Write well. You can never go wrong. I wholeheartedly thank Aimee @rosaimee for suggesting my name as Wattpad Angel, though I’m not sure I am deserving of such an honor. She is a sweetheart and a generous soul.

________________________

I hope you guys enjoyed this interview ! ^^