Chapter 14

"Is that really necessary?" Connor asked as an officer walked over to him and put metal cuffs on Connor's arms.

Connor took a moment to examine the cuffs before his head to the left, before feeling pain course through his skull as The Officer slammed the butt of his gun across Connor's face.

"You have the right to remain silent," The Officer hissed. "I suggest you use it."

"Usually I'm able to dodge that kind of thing but I'm guessing it has something to do with that," Connor said, nodding towards the syringe lying a few feet away.

The Officer grinned sinisterly as he pulled out another syringe and loaded it into his gun.

"Courtesy of S.H.I.E.L.D. it temporarily suppresses your powers," The Officer explained as he aimed his gun at Connor's heart. "But if the serum is released directly into your heart it will permanently stop it. So I suggest you shut up."

"You're making a mistake! The person who did this is getting away!" Connor protested.

"No, he's not. He's currently in vibranium and adamantium cuffs trying to lie to a seasoned officer," The Officer said.

"Great! Now if you would be so kind as to unlock these cuffs I can get back to my career as a superhero," Connor said.

The Officer simply rolled his eyes and grabbed Connor's arm, lifting him to his feet and leading him out of the destroyed City Hall building.

Connor quickly glanced back one last time, feeling a wave of sadness hit him as he saw The Mayor's body lying lifelessly on the floor.

****

Connor winced in pain as he was shoved into the cargo hold of a jet that instantly began moving as soon as the doors were shut.

"Connor can you hear me?"Jean asked through Connor comm.

"Yeah, I can hear you," Connor replied.

"Finally! Where are you?" Riv asked.

"I don't know. They just threw me into the back of a jet," Connor answered.

"Well just break out," Riv said.

"Right I didn't think about that!" Connor said sarcastically.

"Why can't you break out?" Logan asked.

"They injected me some sort of serum. It suppresses my powers. I doubt I'd even be able to break out even with my powers, they have me in cuffs that are made from adamantium and vibranium," Connor said.

"We have bigger problem,." Dylan said.

"What is it?" Connor asked.

"The government is freaking out. Apparently they feel like The League should have told them that they were recruiting a new team," Dylan answered.

"The League is trying to explain what happened but you have to admit explaining the multiverse isn't exactly an easy thing to grasp, especially for politicians," Dawn said with a laugh.

"Any idea where they're taking me?" Connor asked.

"I'll ask," Jean said.

Connor looked around the cargo hold and spotted a window close to the cockpit door. Walking over to it Connor eyes widened as he saw a circular building rising up out of the ocean.

 Walking over to it Connor eyes widened as he saw a circular building rising up out of the ocean