"Why?" Amy asks, turning toward me.

"I-I don't want to intrude. Plus I have to go home, my parents are probably worried." I say.

Nice lie Lila. As if mom and dad would even be home.

"You're not intruding! I want you here, and you can just call your parents and let them know you have been staying here." Amy exclaims, walking toward me.

Once again, I shake my head frantically. I back up all the way to the door till I see my muddy shoes next to it.

Grabbing them, I slip them on and run inside. At that moment, I realized I had no idea where I was. It was the middle of nowhere. We were surrounded by the forest.

I jumped as a big hand rested on my shoulder.

"Come on Lila, I'll take you home." Ryder says with a sigh.

Not having any choice, I turn around and follow Ryder to his car.

We both hop in and after I mutter my address, he begins to drive. When we reach familiar surroundings, I'm able to point him in the right direction.

After a few more minutes of silence we reach my house. When he pulls to a stop, I expect him to just let me out of the car, but he turns off his car and hops out. Confused I just sit in the car, watching him.

Realization finally hits me as he rounds the side of the car and opens my door for me. I clumsily hop out of the car, almost falling flat on my face if it wasn't for Ryder who had put his hands on my waist and stabilized me.

Blushing, my gaze immediately shoots to the ground. I just brush past him and make my way to my door, him following me.

When I reach my front door, I dig around in my potted plant before my hand grasps the cool metal of my house key.

When I finally pull it out, I gulp loudly and turn to Ryder. He stood there, studying me. Rocking back and forth on my feet, I stand there, unsure of what to do.

"Umm I'll return your shirt at school on Monday." I tell him in a soft voice.

"Don't worry about it. You can keep it, you looked a lot better in it than I did." Ryder replies in a deep, husky voice.

My face heats up, probably making my face look as red as a cherry. Not able to form and words, I just nod my head in reply.

After standing on my doorstep another few seconds, I quietly thank him for the ride and I turn around to open the door.

Just as I'm about to unlock the door, I freeze as Ryder starts talking.

"I thought we were making progress Lila. I know it was only a day that we spent time together, but it was fun. The most fun I've had since we moved here. I know Amy enjoyed it too. She was so happy to make a friend, so was I. I hope you'll open up to us soon. I promise you that we will be great friends. Just know that we won't give up on you, that's not how we were raised. We'll be here for you Lila." Ryder says.

Tears prickle my eyes as he says those things. They will give up. Everybody has. They won’t be here for me because they won’t understand, nobody understands.

Unfreezing, I open my door and I disappear inside. Once my door closes, I faintly here footsteps walking, and finally a car starting and driving away.

Right as the noise of the car disappears, I'm left alone with the thoughts of what Ryder said replaying in my mind. 

The silence was suddenly filled with sobs. My sobs.

My body was racking with my sobs, as my cries felt like they were cutting through the whole, empty house. I was alone once again.