AU: Dean x Reader - Beating Heart

Note: Another AU chapter and it will set in the universe of the Divergent series. I'll probably make a part 2 on this chapter, to some of you who had requested me a chapter I am so sorry it took so long the reason behind it is because I had exams before I wrote this chapter and posted it. Also, I may have forgotten what some of you requested because they were in the comment section, so if you would kindly direct message me and I'll make sure to remember your requests. Thank you for understanding and enjoy reading.
__________________________________________________________________________________

A place where people especially when they reached sixteen years of age are appointed into factions that includes Abnegation, Erudite, Candor, Dauntless, and Amity are the ones that will follow a system to protect from what is coming in the future that is yet untold. Going through the factions, citizens will be based on their aptitude test and values to know which faction they choose to commit according to their test results or rather have to go against the test results.

You and your twin brother on the other hand, both born in the Abnegation faction have reached the age of 16 will soon be taking the aptitude test. You were pretty nervous as you are getting ready in the toilet and heard a knock on the door.

"(Y/n) dear, are you already dressed?" Your mother asked.

"Yes mother." You quickly opened the door for her.

As you opened the door, both of you sighed not knowing might happened as of know and after the aptitude test. Your mother looked quite worried as she looked at you and caresses your cheek.

"I'm sure after the test you'll find out your faction and if anything changes from then on, your father and I will always support you and your brother. Also no matter where you go in life, I hope you have a good one. I want you to know that okay dear?" Both of you shed a little tear and wipe it off before going off.

*At the Aptitude test room*

As you entered the room, your administrator was preparing the things that are needed for the aptitude test that you are taking.

"Please take a seat. So your (y/n) (l/n), am I correct?" He swivels his chair to where you are seated comfortably.

"Yeah. How long does this test takes?" You were slightly nervous ever since you enter the room.

"It depends on how you are able to manage to deal things in the dream like state test that I'll be giving you. Just relax, you'll be fine. My name is Robert in case you need help next time I see you." He calmed you down a bit and went on to checking his clipboard.

"I'll be giving you this serum and as you are gonna go through the process that will get your results at the end. Am I clear (y/n)?" He explained.

"Yes." You sighed.

"Good luck." Robert injected you the serum and instantly you have entered the test phase.

*In your serum injected mind*

Where am I? What is this? You thought to yourself. The scene changes quickly around you; mirrors everywhere and as you turned around one of your reflection told you to choose between a fresh meat and a knife seconds later a dog started to growl behind you. Your instinct told you to run but then suddenly you halted and closed your eyes; a whimper of a small puppy could be heard instead of a growl.

You turned and opened your eyes, smiling at the puppy then again you heard a young girl saying the word 'puppy'. The young girl looks just like you, the puppy changes itself into an adult dog. It barked at your younger self to which it made both of you flinched; the dog started to chase the younger you. You ran after the dog and warped into a sinkhole like and suddenly woke up.