Chapter one: failed

Hello everyone! This was one of my first fan fiction stories, and also my second Gaara book. I hope you'll enjoy this. I've edited it, so at least now the grammar and writing style is more up to date~ have a lovely read everyone .xx

A/N - if you see me updating this and my other stories, that is because I'm currently editing them.  

❀~~~~❀~~~~❀~~~~❀

Naruko

Ⓘ was in the kitchen, cooking breakfast for my brother and me. He had never cooked anything in his whole life, so I picked up a few things about it, and even practiced in the kitchen, so eventually I mastered it. He always said he couldn't live without me, and I totally agreed. I had to take care of him, whether he'd want me or not.

"Naruto!" I yelled for him. "Get your lazy bum over here. Breakfast is ready!" I placed my special super good ramen - which was our favourite meal - on our kitchen table. "Naruto!" I yelled again and sat down at my usual place.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," he muttered tiredly, "geez, you're so loud in the morning," he complained and sat down on his seat.

"I'm not loud," I protested, "I just have to wake up earlier to make breakfast, you know, because you don't ever do it," I teased.

He started to laugh and nodded with a slight blush. "Yeah," he whispered, and then tried to avoid talking with me as he dug in the breakfast quickly.

When we had finished, we went to change out of our pyjamas and our usual clothes for school and training. We actually had very similar clothes - which was kind of lame, but I ended up liking it somehow, and I just hadn't bothered to change the style. Besides, it made us look even more like twins.

Yes, your heard right: twins.

We even had similar names too. My brother's name was Uzumaki Naruto and my name was Uzumaki Naruko. The 3rd Hokage told us that's what our parents wanted to call us, so the hokage officially kept our name; we've asked before why we didn't have a mother and a father, but he never answered us, or just avoided our questions.

Naruto came out with his orange sweatpants, and blue and orange jacket. He didn't wear his usual goggles on his head though, which made me question him curiously.

"Where're your goggles?" I asked and he grinned and pointed at his forehead.

"Because today I'm sure we're going to graduate from the academy and get forehead protectors," he answered with a big grin.

I assumed he's going to have that forehead protector on his head. I personally wasn't entirely sure where to place mine yet, though I'm sure I'll put it on my arm as it'd just get in the way on my head or around my neck anyways.

"By the way, why are you still in your pajamas?"

I looked confused at him and looked down at my clothes, only then realising I hadn't gone to change yet as I was caught up doing the dishes my brother escaped from. "Shit," I muttered and ran towards our closet.

"You better hurry. We gotta go," Naruto commented, as if it wasn't his fault in the first place.

I shot him a glare. "I know!"

He held up his hands and looked surprised. "Wow, okay, sorry. Geez."

I quickly dragged off my pyjamas and put on my black tank top, orange open t-shirt and orange shorts with black stripes at the end. I brushed quickly through my hair and put on two high ponytails on each side of my head and let my bangs messily cover the side of my face as it wasn't long enough to get in the ponytails either way.

"I'm ready!" I yelled and we hurried to our academy. We had to take a test to pass and then get a forehead protector. Of course with the Uzumaki luck, the only things they wanted to see from us was the things we sucked the most at; the tests didn't last too long, and the only ones who didn't make it were Naruto and me, of course.

"How is it possible? I mean, we were the only ones who didn't pass! This is stupid!" Naruto shouted angrily and almost broke everything in our home, but I stopped him. I jumped on top of him so we fell down on the floor with me sitting on top of him so he couldn't move around with me over him.

"Calm down Naruto! I know you're angry and disappointed and so am I, but you can't destroy our home! Think before your actions, you idiot!" I yelled and almost punched him, but I held back. I was supposed to be the calm one anyways, and if we both ended up roaring around in the house, I'd expect it to be nothing left in just minutes.

"Get off me Naruko!" he yelled as he swung with his arms everywhere, hoping it'd push me off.

That's why he's stupid; he didn't listen when he'd be angry. He ignored everything, and that just pissed me off.

"Get your shit together before I punch your fucking face!" I screamed and held up my fist, ready to punch the shit out of him.

He suddenly stopped and stared at me. "Fi - fine. Just get off me." He sounded calmer, so I climbed off, receiving a glare from my brother. "No need to be so violent," he muttered.

I sighed. "If I didn't, you wouldn't have listened to me and continued screamed and yelling. Possibly ruin our home even," I said. He got up from the floor and walked up to the door.

"I'll go for a walk. I'll be back by dinner time," he muttered and closed the door behind him.

I sighed again and stared at the door for a few seconds. He'd always been like that. Every time he was pissed, he'd just go for a walk, but I'm not one to judge. I'd usually do that myself, to clear my head; sometimes I couldn't stand being around people and when I couldn't sleep, I'd walk around at nighttime.

I didn't bother being at home alone, so I also I went out for a little walk, and I happened to see Sasuke sitting by the water. I looked at him whilst passing by and suddenly he looked up towards me. I felt heat brush towards my face, and I quickly looked away for hiding my blush.

He's very popular with the girls, and somehow I ended up being one of them, though I didn't know why or know him much for that matter, but he surely was handsome.

I walked past many kids from our academy and I heard them talking about who passed and who didn't.

"Hey, did you hear that is was only those two who didn't pass?" some random kid laughed with his friends.

"Yeah. They're so bad at techniques. They should just give up on trying to be a ninjas at all. They're worthless and nobody likes them. If they die, nobody would've noticed, nor cared for that matter."

Most girls would've cried if they heard someone talk shit about you behind your back, or even just straight to your face, but I just got super angry and beat the shit out of them if I couldn't hold myself back.

"What did you say?" I snapped and ran towards them. As soon as they spotted me stomping towards them, they looked at me and then their eyes widen in fear.

"It - it's her!" one of them screamed scared and took a few steps back with shaking legs.

I tied my hands together and gave them a death glare. "What the hell do you know about us, huh?" I yelled and they took another step back. "I'd love to beat up your shitty ass up if that's what you're asking for." I ran towards them and grabbed the kid who talked the most by the collar of his shirt.

I glared and punched him in the face. He fell down, so I sat on top of him to hold him down and continued punching.

As I felt my knuckles getting sore, I eventually slowed down; the other kid started crying and told me to stop, but I just have him another threatening glare.

I stared down at the kid I beat up and lowered my head towards his ear. "Next time I hear shit come out of your mouth, I won't stop," I threatened and stood up and walked away.

When I arrived to our home again, Naruto was still nowhere to be seen. I glanced at the time, and it showed it was already dinnertime. I walked towards the kitchen and was about to start cooking until I heard the door got slammed opened loudly, causing me to jump, slightly startled, and I finally saw my brother coming in with a big scroll in his arms. Wait, was that...?