prologue.

dazai looked out the window as time began to dissolve into itself, as the rain on the sunniest weeks, trickling down moist glass from window pane to window pane. sadly to dazai's likings, it was sunny. the bright light radiated upon him, gleaming almost iridescent-like, tickling the pale skin it planted on top of. that sun, absolutely disgusted him.

with a deep heavy sigh, he stared at his co-workers trying to figure out anything he can say that'll stir up something of interest, which he couldn't find as he scanned the room. the room was the same as always, illuminated with the flashing sun, sounds of tapping on a keyboard; which was caused by the one and only kunikida. atsushi playing around with both kyouka and ranpo. the rest were doing their own thing, like naomi for example, she was doing junichirou.

it seemed like yesterday that the office was filled with relentless chatter, stretched out smiles, and the pour of laughter when someone would purposely irritate kunikida. with dazai's boundless thoughts on suicide and his constant notions that today might be his last day flooded him as a basis he could recognize as fear, paranoia.

he wanted to die, there was no question about it. he thought that no one cared for him. prove him wrong, but it's true in his mind. after all his attempts, no one in his community cared, not a single bit. loneliness filled his void of happiness.

having enough of the happy office he worked in, he decided to take a little walk. a little walk turned out to become a long one. he searched high and low for an area that he could attempt suicide.

"perfect." he said in awe as his eyes befell upon a high abandoned building.

a smile slowly crept upon his face, happy or sad, it was hard to tell. he entered the building and went the highest point.

looking down at the city, feeling quite superior, he glanced around and saw things he could never see from below.

he shut his eyes and took a deep breath. "maybe someone might stop me." he scoffed at his idiotic thought.

a look of pity was worn for himself.

"no one cares about me anyways."

he stepped to the ledge, getting ready to jump. the wind brushed against hair, tickling his face with a cool whip.

"goodbye." he said his final words, he was prepared until-

"wait!" a girl panted as she held her hands to the side, catching her breath.

"don't jump!" she breathed out as her rapid heart calmed down.

dazai locked his gaze upon her, analyzing what her sole purpose was after saying those words.

dazai's gaze intensified as if trying to find an answer he couldn't solve. he stuck his hand out as if asking the girl to hold it.

he reverted his gaze back to the edge then back to the girl.

"and who might you be?" his patience deteriorated as time began to pass by.

"would you be my savior that'll save me from myself?" his eyes darkened at the words he said.

the girl only could smile at him.

"that's me."