Chapter 48 - "Was it worth waiting five months?"

The empty hallway greeted Amelia. Low masculine voices seeped out from under the door, poking at the stillness. She stepped off the elevator, brushing a fall leaf off her head. Humming softly to the song playing in her ears, Amelia slide her key into the lock and paused the door open.

She froze, her heart dropping out of her chest then jumping back as she quickly pulled her earbuds out.

"Aims, what have I told you about giving our address to riffraff?" Charlie asked, gesturing to Danny and Sebastian seated on the couch.

Amelia didn't respond, her heartbeat steadily increasing as Sebastian walked over to her. Smiling, he cupped her face in his hands, his dark blue eyes beaming with a gleeful intensity. Every inch of Amelia was humming as she stared up at him. Her body felt like it was made of putty and she was drowning in his eyes and the feel his hands.

"Hey," he said softly.

The world around Amelia melted, like watercolors being washed out of existence. She rested her hands on his sides, her heart pounding in her ears, her thoughts absorbed with him and only him.

"Just kiss her already," Danny yelled, breaking the moment.

A flush brightened Amelia's cheeks and Charlie gave a significant cough. Sebastian's hands dropped away and Amelia, hid her face in his shoulder. Their fingers found each other and locked together, the sensation sending renewed sparks zipping through Amelia. Sebastian kissed the top of her head, while Charlie looked on with a mildly peeved expression. They moved back to the couch and took a seat beside each other.

"When did you get back?" Amelia asked, turning to face Sebastian.

He didn't answer right away, his eyes roaming over her face as if he wanted to capture every detail of it in an instant.

"Early this morning, I spent the majority of the last few hours sleeping. I have to be at Madison Square Garden in half an hour. I wanted to know if wanted to come with me. Well us. Danny's performing with me tonight."

"How long have you two been here?" Amelia asked.

"Why too long, if you ask me," Charlie joked.

"10 minutes," Danny said, he glanced at his watch. "We should be going. Aims, you going to come?"

Amelia looked to Sebastian, her smile growing.

"Of course."

***************

Amelia sat on the couch in Sebastian's dressing room, her hand locked with his.

She had just spent the last two hours watching Sebastian and Danny rehearse. Changed and hair styled for the show, Sebastian had joined her on the couch, both of them soaking up the time alone until Danny finished his own rehearsal.

Amelia brushed her hand gently on the curve of Sebastian's hair, her eyes hinting at mischief.

"Tell me, if I rumpled your hair would your stylist know somehow know and come yell at me not to touch your hair?" Amelia asked.

"Probably. Margaret I believe has a sixth sense about these things. She would most likely show up before you had the chance to even really do serious damage to it."

"She probably would," Amelia said, in mock seriousness.

Her expression went quiet.

"What's it like?" she asked.

"What's what like?"

Shrugging, she waved her hand in a wide ark.

"All of it. Having someone do your hair. Get your clothes ready. Someone to be at your every beck and call?"