ten

Two words: homecoming dance. Another two words: absolutely not.
I have always hated dances, have I ever really been one to one? No, but I've heard they suck.

"What if Benny asks you?" Carman asked. We were sitting in my room studying for our history test. Well I was studying, Carman was talking.

"He won't," I replied not even looking up from my textbook.

"But how do you know?" She asked, rolling onto her stomach.

I put my book down to look at her, "because, Benny hates dances equally as much as I do so he wouldn't ask."

Carman blankly stared at me for a few seconds, "but what if he does?"

"God Carman, yes! I'll say yes! Is that what you wanted to hear?"

She smiled, "yep."

I mumbled a few choice words under my breath looking back down at my book. I heard some shuffling and my door open, "where are you going?"

She smiled, "I have some business to take care of."

"Not my fault you fail your history test Car! You left all your stuff here!" I yelled at my closed door.

Carman's POV:

I really don't know what Blair would do without a friend like me. She would never go to a dance in her life if it wasn't for what I'm about to do.

I knocked on Benny's door, I'm sure he'll be very disappointed when he see's me instead of his beloved Blair. I don't understand why they aren't dating yet. Either Benny is too much of a pussy to ask her or Blair is too much of one to say yes.

Benny opened the door, "oh, hey Carman." Benny stuck his head out further and looked around to find Blair. "What's up?"

I smiled, "so you planning on asking B to homecoming?"

"Who's B?" He furrowed his eyebrows. What an idiot.

"Who's B? Are you stupid Benny? B is Blair ding dong!"

"Oh, oh okay and uh no she hates dances."

I pursed my lips, "okay well I don't and I want my best friend there so you better ask her or I'll-"

"Okay yes I'll ask her tomorrow. But I can tell ya' now, she's gonna' say no."

I smirked, "good talk Benjamin."

Blair's POV:

Carman casually strolled back into my room and flopped back onto my duvet.

"Where did you go?" I asked.

"Hm? Nowhere, I just needed some air. All this studying has gotten me me pretty flustered," she replied.

"I know you're lying but I don't even want to know what you did," I sighed, highlighting a line from my textbook.

"Good, because I won't tell you," Carman said holding a pen in between her teeth, scanning the words in her notebook.

I rolled my eyes and went back to reading my book, not even thinking of what Carman went out to go do.

                              ~

"Blair, maybe boys would actually liked you if you dressed like a girl," my brother said.

Unfortunately, Chris had fallen off a ladder while climbing onto someone's roof at a party. Even worse, he had to come back home until his arm, left leg, and ribs healed.

"Maybe if you weren't such a dumb ass you wouldn't of plummeted off a ladder."

Chris opened his mouth to snap back before my mom said, "Blairanna, language. Chris, don't make fun of your sister."

We both rolled our eyes at each other when I heard a knock at the door, "that's Benny, I gotta go."

I jumped out of my seat and grabbed my books off the kitchen table. "Bye Mom, bye... you."

Chris yelled something but I was one step out the door and couldn't make out exactly what he had said. It was probably offensive.

"So Blair..." Benny started. Oh no, no conversation ever ends well when it starts with that. "Do you like, uh. Do like you um, wanna maybe go to uh, homecoming with m-me?"

I told you, no conversation ends well when started with "so Blair."

                                °°°

I searched the halls, very angrily might I add for Carmen.

"Hey! Blair!" I turned around to find Squints at my shoulder.

"Hey, Squints. How's it going?" I asked.

He shrugged, "eh, you coming to the sandlot after school?"

"You kiddin'? I wouldn't miss it. I just gotta find Carman, and kill her."

Squints laughed, "why?"

"She made B- er she's making me go to homecoming," I caught myself before I finished Benny's name. No way could any of the boys know about whatever Benny and I are.

"Well are you going?" He asked. "I am!"

I shrugged, "I think so."

Squints smiled, "good. I'll see you later, I gotta go find Ham."

"Check the cafeteria!" I yelled after him.

I said yes to homecoming with Benny, it's just gonna be hard as hell to hide the fact that he's my date. The things I do for him, I swear.