My Lover, The Voice

The next day I sat in the back of the Impala with Cas, staring out the window. God has OK'd my stay with them, but I couldn’t use my powers to hurt anyone without good cause. If they even suspected I’d hurt someone, my punishment could be confinement, death, or even much worse things. I also couldn’t influence anyone into doing something terrible. I couldn’t spread my ‘evil ways’ or form intimate bonds with the humans. That was all fine and dandy with me, though. I didn’t want any of those things. When we got to Bobby’s house, Bobby did the whole demon-detection thing. They placed me into a dim room made of iron.

There was a small bed and a worktable with a ton of torture things like holy water, dead man’s blood, silver knives, salt, and a whole lot more. In front of the worktable was some kind of metal or silver board with straps on it and a chair with straps. This is what they call a panic room? I had to hold in a chuckle from Mankia's snarky remark.

Castiel was sent to watch over me. He stood in the cell by the door while I sat on the bed. I patted the spot beside me. “Castiel, you know you can sit right here right? I don’t bite.” Much. He stared at me with deadpan eyes. It felt like I could see the tiny gears going in his head, trying to decide whether or not to take the chance to sit by me.

After a minute or two, he sat beside me and I turned to him, eager to ask him a question I’d wanted to know the answer to for a while. “Cas, can I ask you a question?” He slowly nodded his head, looking down at me with an empty expression. “What’s it like to be an angel?” I could tell I’d caught him by surprise, but he quickly covered it back up with a look of solemnest. “Do you help people? Save lives? Do…do you talk to God? Directly, I mean.”

“We help people and we try to the best of our abilities to save lives, but if we cannot, then it is God’s will. I do not talk to God directly; angels who are closer to him are able to.” I nodded my head and put my legs on the bed, scrunching them towards me and wrapping my arms around them. “Well, what do you think of demons? Or better yet, what do most angels think of demons?” 

He looked at the wall and replied, “We think they are vile things; impurities too selfish and greedy, too sinful, to care for anyone but themselves. Nonetheless, we still carry a bit of affection for them, for they are our fallen comrades.” I scrunched my eyebrows. “I’ve never thought of it like that. I guess that’s right. We are selfish, greedy, lustful, and sinful. We’re God’s most imperfect perfect creations.” I chuckled.

“We’re practically humans, only without the heart. Only without the emotions or cares of the world.” He didn’t say anything, only nodded. “Cas, do mind asking Dean to bring down something to eat and a warm blanket? I’m getting tired. Being in a human body isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.” Before I could even look up, he disappeared. Is that an angel thing, Mankia? Fluttering away when no one’s looking? Mankia laughed. It is. They do it all the time and then reappear without a single warning. You sound like you’ve had a lot of experience. I have in my day. Now, I am just a voice in your head. Mind telling me your story some time? One day.

After eating, I laid down to nap while Cas and Dean switched positions in the room. Snuggling deep under the blankets, I looked up as Dean came into the room. “You can sit on the bed if you want; I don’t mind.” Dean looked at me carefully with a fixed jaw, as if he expected me to jump up and turn on him at any second. Finally, he sat on the bed and leaned back against the wall a bit. “Goodnight Dean. I’ll see you in the morning,” I whispered.

****************************

I woke up in a smoldering field of crackling lilies and raging, dark skies that screamed and hollered to be feared. To my right, a winding river of rich blood wound its way through and around sparkling golden amber trees. They were flourished overwhelmingly with blazing heads, the heads of all those killed by the Council of the Black Abyss, which was exactly where I was. The Black Abyss, described by anybody, would be beautiful, yet deathly horrifying, and unique to everyone, as it was shaped by their own wondering of what it truly looked like, but of course, only the Council truly knew.

Since the Black Abyss was my home, I’d no problem with coming down here, but rest assured if someone else were here, they’d definitely be scared out of their minds. I stood up, brushing fragrant green grass from my pants. “Mankia,” I called. There was no reply. I cupped my hands around my mouth and called again, “Mankia!” Soft lips kissed my neck, strong arms wrapped around me, and I sighed. “For a voice in my head, you’re sure more physical than I imagined.” I turned around to face Mankia, the “voice in my head”. Yeah, I know I said he was just a voice, but that’s only in reality. In the Black Abyss, both Mankia and mine’s real home, he was anything but. He was strong, sophisticated, sexy, delectable, brave, romantic, and real. And he was all mine. My lover.

His windswept bronze hair flopped over his forehead where bright gray eyes peered out mysteriously. His tan muscles rippled as he chuckled. “You don’t even want to know how physical I can get,” he whispered in my ear. Shivers ran down my back and I turned around in his arms to wrap my arms around his neck. “It’s been a while since I last saw you, Mankia. And yet, you still look the same. Why is that?” I brushed my hands lightly over his head, sensually touching his hair.  “The pendant you gave me, my love. And once we find its twin, you can be sure I’ll give it to you. Then, we can have all kinds of fun.”

I smirked. “Yes, but for now, I just want to relax and just let you…relax me, if you will.” He sat me down and began rubbing my shoulders. I instantly felt my troubles fade away. I moaned and remarked, “Have you been practicing?” I felt him chuckle. “Only on you, my love, only on you.” For the rest of my dream he massaged me and talked to me, whispering sweet nothings in my ear. When it was time for me to wake up, the Black Abyss slowly faded into nothing. I turned to Mankia and hugged him hard. “I’ll come back as soon as I can.” He lifted my chin and softly kissed me. “I’ll be waiting.”