o n e

Imagine : You having a bad day and he makes it better
Warning: fluff

"Y/N! I need you to run these files up to floor 14 and then these to floor 18. And then I need you to bring me back two cups of coffee please." My coworker told me as if he was my boss. Yeah, he was the boss' son but that didn't give him the fucking right to boss me around.

"Your daddy may be my boss but you aren't James. Do it yourself, I have work to do." I said bitterly, not even looking away from my computer screen as I continued typing.

I could tell he was getting angry. "Listen here sweetie, I can boss you around as much as I'd like and you'll listen. That is if you want to keep your job."

I turned towards him quickly, "I will not, asshole. And sure, if you want to fire me, go ahead. This company will turn to shit without me because I do the best damn work here." No, I don't need a job with all of the money my boyfriend has and continues to get. He even told me to quit my job, that he would rather just buy everything for me. But I'm not that kind of person. Yes, I thought it was very sweet of him but I'm highly independent so I work for myself. Nobody knows who my boyfriend is either, us both wanting me to keep my life more on the normal side for now, since his was completely different. But anyways.

"Dad!" Oh great, babyboy can't handle a girl so he calls for his daddy. What a baby.

"Yes, James? Are you harassing Y/N again?" His dad loved his son but he knew he was a bitch to the other employees.

"No! She's being a bitch and not-"

"Enough! One, you don't dare speak to a lady like that. Two, you don't have the right to boss around. That's my job. Go do your own damn work son." He glared at me and his dad before leaving.

I was fuming. God I hate dumbasses like him. And having a very short temper doesn't help.

"I'm sorry for him, Y/N. I will get him more in check. Why don't you go home and just finish up tomorrow yeah?" I nodded and closed my computer. "Thank you."

-

Once I pulled up to my place, I got out of my car and slammed the door. I stomped to the front door, slamming that as well. I put my bag, keys and phone on the table before making my way upstairs, not even saying hello to my boyfriend setting on the couch.

I walked into our room and took my clothes off. I grabbed one of his shirts and a pair of pajama shorts before putting it on. I went and took my makeup off and let my hair down into its loose waves. I walked back over to the bed and sat down on the side of it, putting my head in my hands I took a few deep breathes before I heard the door open and soft footsteps approach me.

"Baby... are you alright?" J asked, setting beside me and pulling me into his chest.

I begin to nod before shaking my head against his chest, "No, not really." I wasn't crying, just breathing slowly to try and relax.

He ran his fingers through my hair, "Talk to me, what's wrong?"

"It's stupid really, I just had a shit day at work and I'm not taking it well." I sat up and looked at him. He had a frown in his face, "Who do I need to kill so this doesn't happen anymore?" That's my boy, always protective.

I shook my head, "You don't have to do that. James' dad will handle him. I should be fine from now on if they want their business to continue to grow." I smiled slightly.

"Are you sure baby? I could take him out in 0.2 seconds. I don't like seeing you upset. " He was so serious. God I love him.

I pressed my lips to his, "I'm sure. It's not even a big deal. He just got me worked up and I was letting my anger take over. But thank you though, for the offer." Even with this small, sweet gesture, he manages to brighten up my day. As always.

"Oh, I'd do anything for you."

• • •

This was a 'cute Joker' one for the first part of this book. We all know the joker isn't cute or 'fluff, buT, this is fiction so it doesn't hurt to write him how ever I want. He will not be 'cute' in all of them obviously, I just really enjoy writing these. But! Let me know how it was? Send request as well, the more request, the more imagines.