Chapter five

Angry voices is the first I hear and after a while of shouting I pick up the accents of Palmer and Daniel, keeping my eyes shut I listen in on their argument.

“What do you mean you don’t know if she is okay?”

“I haven’t had time to check her yet.”

“Haven’t had time, or just didn’t want too? Palmer she is a human being and her safety is in our hands.”

“Don ‘t accuse me Daniel, because if it was up to me I would just leave her.”

“Out now Palmer, just out!”

“Don’t talk to me like that young boy, they may have proven you innocent but you will still be a killer to me.” The sound of the door shuting jutters me awake. Daniel rushes to my side instantly a glass of water in his hands, I smile kindly and try and force the water down, my airways were close to collapsing, they had been squeezed so shut.

“Lily I’m so sorry this is all my fault, I was running late I should have got someone to take you. We will get who did this to you.” He brushes my hair of my forhead lightly, looking at me with saddened eyes.

“It’s not your fault.” I croak out, instantly wishing I didn’t talk.

“Hey, hey, rest.” He kisses my forhead slightly before getting up. My body tingles with shivers.

“I just need to fill out some paperwork, I will be just right outside if you need anything press this button.” Indicating a buzzer at the bed. “But for now get some rest and Lily I promise you I will never let anything or anyone hurt you again.” I smile a thank you at him, and as he leaves the room I close my eyes and welcome sleep with a hug.

His arms close round me holding me in tight, as his mouth works in beat with mine. Hot hands begin to run up my hips bringing my shirt up with it, the feel of pure desire runs through my body as I begin to unbutton his shirt. He lifts me up forcing me against the wall, making me moan in delight as his mouth travels down my throat and into my cleavage. The race to get undress the fastest becomes clumsy from hanging onto one another, not wanting a single second apart. We come up for air and as I look up into green eyes, I feel my body explode with the sensation of lust.

I awaken to green eyes above mine, Daniels. I feel heat rush to my face as I realise I had been dreaming about him – sexually.

“You okay? You were moaning in your sleep, I thought you was having a nightmare.” I feel myself shudder in embarrasement if he only knew I was moaning because of the way he was supposedly kissing me. I nod in thanks and try and calm myself. It was just a dream, but as I stare into his eyes I realise I was falling for him, I was falling for my charge a man that was out of bounds and older.

“I need to know Lily was it Gina who did this to you?” I strain away from my obsessive monologue of how I didn’t have a crush on Daniel, and realise I couldn’t tell him that it was Gina, it would only make things worse wouldn’t it? Even if she was punished or moved, she would still have her minions to do her dirty work. I couldn’t have this happening again. I shake my head and he looks disappointed.

“Do you know who did it?” I shake my head again.

“It was dark.” I croak out, he smiles saddned by this news, and tucks my hair behind my ears again, I let myself lean into it wondering if it would spark anything within me. When it does I ignore it, I couldn’t – wouldn’t fancy him, there was no hope.

“You’ve been let off for two weeks, you’re not capable of moving or even sitting in a classroom. It’s bedrest every day, doctors orders.” I feel myself deflate how was I suppose to survive two weeks in that room.

“I will be by most days to keep you entertained, and also I hope you don’t mind but I thought it best that you saw a counsellor, just with everything you’ve been through. I can’t see you pained anymore.” I smile and he gets up.

“I will be back in a bit, I have someone to meet. In the mean time you get more rest.” He leaves the room and I realise the full extend of how hard I was falling.