nuveiws.org

-11/8/12 –

Let me start by saying, thanks for reading. You guys have been amazing to me. I started this blog when I wasn’t even sure what blogs were, or what I wanted to do with mine. I never dreamed that in just five short years, I’d have such a large, and loyal, group of readers. Even the trolls, I thank you as well, because every time I get a comment, my hit count goes up and that adds to the revenue I collect from my sponsors. Each and every one of you who have read, liked, disliked, commented or flamed has helped me go from just another college kid to a person who can make a living doing what he loves; writing.

Anyway, I’m saying all this because I wanted to announce that I’ll be moving to a new URL starting in two weeks. I’ve decided that today will be my last post on this blog because there’s going to be a ton of work involved in my next venture. I’ll be joining the ever-expanding ranks of the professional bloggers on nuviews.org. I cannot say enough how thrilled I am to be working with these amazing people. Blogging never felt like a real job before, even with the ad revenue I was generating, but now, now I feel like I’ve found my calling. I’ll be writing the same stuff I’ve always written, but now it’s actually my job.

My old content will still be at this url, but new content will be available at http://caffeinehead.nuviews.org starting in two weeks. I’ll still be blogging about as often, but it will be there, not here. I wanted to move my entire back catalog with me, but apparently there’s some potential legal snarls there, and it might work out as too expensive. So, loyal readers, please bookmark the above link and be sure to share it with people you know who read my page on a perhaps more sporadic level than you and might miss this message.

That’s all I have to talk about today, but once again I want to say a sincere thanks to all of you who have made this blog what it is. I can write all day until my fingers are numb, but a blog is nothing without readers.

So, really, from the bottom of my heart, thank you. All of you.

-CaffeineHead

http://coffeeandopinions.com

-11/22/12-

Well, here it is.

Officially, CH’s page on newviews.org has gone live.

Some of you might think that because I’ve moved, I’m gonna start holding back a bit with my viewpoints as to what’s happening, but really, guys. The fantastic folks at newviews.org would not have wanted me if they didn’t want my opinions. So, if you thought I was gonna start pulling my punches or changing my opinions, think again. Sorry, trolls. Then again, no, I’m not sorry, and really, you aren’t either. You come here to be entertained by me, anyway. I know you do, no need to lie about it.

Last week, as I’m sure many of you have heard, the lie-spreading time waster known as Wikipedia got hit with a massive hack and was offline for over 48 hours. I want to stress that I was not involved, though I have nothing but love for the hackers that accomplished it. Hopefully soon the web’s most infamous deceit factory will be completely unable to spew its filth. I am not in contact with the hackers but I hope their next target is snopes.com.

As I’m sure my readers know, I cannot believe how easy it is to mislead so many people at once. Make a website, get some views, suddenly you’re an authority. Wikipedia allows its readers to generate content. How do they know the content being generated isn’t a lie? Sure, they have to provide citations, but a citation can just be a link to another lying website, like snopes.

How do I know snopes is a group of lying scumbags? Simple. Just go check their page on Impetus Sand. They say Impetus Sand is a myth. A fraud, conducted by conspiracy theorists. Folks, you know that’s ridiculous. I have seen Impetus Sand in action with my own eyes, and I’m certain you all have, as well.