interlude ∞ one

Right now, right here, at this moment... 

Be still and listen. Aye, yes: you...

I come to fill the void, to answer your question. You shall know who I am in time.

You say you are here for the Story of The One. But you are mistaken—there are Two. I can present to you their Herstories... The Story before this Story.

I hold them within my hands...

Where began it all? A question too deep, too wide to answer...

I shall tell you of a world not so unlike your own. A world you have yet to know...

...

Our Earth is and is not your future Earth.

It survived world wars, disasters, and pestilences like yours. The progress of our societies, our industries, our histories was influenced by Advanced Others, just like yours. Your Earth is an echo, a younger reflection of ours, with the same structures, the same monuments as ours.

Your Earth is... in the same place, but not quite. With the same start, but not quite.

Time is but a concept...

...

You interrupt me as I speak in your head. You question whether I am deity or devil. Questions that waste time—but I shall soothe your fears: Nay. You are not possessed. I am not omniscient. I, too, have a beginning.

Shall I explain "not quite"?

Imagine a laboratory and its experiments: each experiment takes place in the same place. Each experiment reflects the previous—with a difference: another time-space.

Your Earth is but the third. I say no more.

Now... Be still and listen. For no lifetime can accommodate the telling of this Story.

The past Story requires careful thought: for Herstories to have context, the stage must be set...

I choose to speak in the now—for, to you, it is in the future.

...

Some Humans of Earth—led by one ambitious, visionary man—come to colonize their red neighbor Maar within a century of your time. They find my People.

I say 'People', that you may understand. But we are Maarian Aumega... we may remain beyond perception.

We are Winds of the Sands... Lights of the dark... Consciousness of the Lost Seas—aye, Maar once had seas like Earth... One and many Souls, many and one flow...

As part of Energy Elements and Frequency, our Life Cycle is beyond your understanding. It is irrelevant to this Story...

Many Humans of Earth fear us. But we are always One with Peace. So some Humans learn to commune with us. Some of us merge... And the Advanced Others of Earth welcome us.

...

You interrupt again. You want to know who.

Are you not aware? The Advanced Others who seeded all Earths, who fingered the evolution of cultures and peoples?

They are here—they have always been here. Some amongst you, residing in parallel, but most hidden from you in near and distant places. Your governments hide their existences from you. But...

You know.

You have seen the signs. Your lives are already affected by the sharing of their knowledge, their healing, their technologies...

I digress.

...

The Communion of Earth's Humans with our People results in technology like no other. But it takes time. And time passes. Several wars... Several centuries...

Earth is in the path of an asteroid and its cloud. Nothing else but this triggers the end of the Last War... the one that ravages great regions to near ruin... Finally, World Peace... only to evacuate to Maar. All beneficial Life forms must be considered. But conditions on Maar are deterrents to most Earthern Life forms.

So the Human populace becomes the Ark, each a Host to one. A requirement of all who are healthy. The Advanced Others make this possible. But they leave the rest of fate in the hands of our populace... who is divided.

Many evacuate. Many skilled and trained refuse to leave their Earth, their Home. They attempt to divert impending impacts.

Success is partial...

— ∞ —

©2017 by kemorgan65