14

{Time Jump}
- Monday, June 4 -

It's been 7 months since we broke up. Megan had Nash over every night and I eventually got sick of it and moved out. My cousin Hanna decided she wanted to move to L.A. So we moved into our own apartent together. I just turned 17 and I now work at California Dreams  (owned by Romeo LaCoste). I started hanging out with some people he knew and he saw my work, now I work for him. It's been amazing. Me and Hanna have been having the time of our lives together. I never really think about Hayes, unless someone mentions him.
I haven't spoke to Megan or Nash because of that reason. He hasn't even tried to contact me since. So i gave up.

Right now, I was leaving the shop with Hanna. She works the front counter and cleans. As i was grabbing my things, someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around to see a pair of twins standing next to us.
"Excuse me miss, do you how late this place is open til?" The boy said pointing to the first thing on the shelf.
"Well that sign right there says 10pm" I said laughing.
"Oh yea, um thanks." He said scratching the back of his neck nervously.
"You're welcome." I said smiling and going to leave again.
"Um, wait!" He said.
"Yes?" I asked.
"I'm sorry, I'm kinda nervous. We're friends with Romeo, we've been here before and saw you both and we think you're both beautiful and want to know if you'd like to go out with us sometime?" The other boy asked.
"Um, I think that would be ok." Hanna said smiling.
"How's tonight?" The first boy asked.
"Perfect." She replied.
"I'm Hanna by the way, and this is Elizabeth." She said, we shook their hands.
"I'm Ethan." The one shaking my hand said.
"And I'm Grayson." The boy shaking Hannas hand said.
We exchanged numbers.
"So, we'll see you tonight around 7?" Ethan asked.
"Sounds good." I said smiling.

"Hey, I'm proud of you." Hanna said.
"Proud of me?" I asked, doing my makeup.
"You're getting back out there." She said playfully hitting my shoulder.
"Han, you know I love you, but I don't want to think about Hayes, I don't want to remember the love I had for him, I need to move on." I said.
"That's my girl. It's been like 7 months, and he hasn't tried to call or text you even once, this date is you're chance at happiness!" She said like it was an emotional speech, making me laugh.
"I am happy Hanna, cause I have my best friend right by my side. My cousin, my sister, my partner in life-" I said.
"So cheesy." She said and we both laughed.

There was a knock at the door and Hanna opened it to reveal Ethan and Grayson. I grabbed my purse and walked downstairs.
"Hi" I smiled.
"Hi" Ethan said looking me up and down, making me laugh a little.
"Ready to go?" Grayson asked.
"Yeap." Me and Hanna said at the same time.
"Me and Hanna can sit in the back," Grayson said walking Hanna to the car. Ethan held a hand out for me, which I took. I shut the door behind us And walked to the car. He opened the passenger door for me and I thanked him.

We arrived at a local restaurant and sat down, I sat next to Ethan while Hanna sat next to Grayson across from us.
"So what do you do besides work at the tattoo shop?" Ethan asked me.
"Well, I am an artist, and I make youtube videos." I said.
"Really? Me and Grayson make youtube videos too." He said.
"That's how I know you. I knew you seemed familiar." I said laughing.
"What kind of videos do you make?" He asked.
"Random videos really, some based on art and stuff but normally just random videos." I said.
"And you guys make comedy videos right?" I asked.
"We try at least." He said.
"Well some of the videos I've seen are really funny." I said.
"Do you have a favorite?" He asked.
"Um, I think the what in my pants challenge." I said laughing.
"It's scarier than it looks." He said in defense.
"I bet." I laughed.

After we ate, we all walked back to the car, me and Ethan ahead of Hanna and Grayson.
"Wanna ditch them and go somewhere?" Ethan asked.
"Just leave them here?" I asked.
"No, they can go somewhere together and we can pick them up later. I want to take you somewhere." He said.
"Ok." I smiled.
He went to talk to his brother while Hanna walked to me.
"He's really cute." Hanna said.
"They both are, they look exactly alike." I laughed.
"Do you like him?" She asked.
"I might." I said. She smiled.
"Hey Hanna, would you like to go see a movie with me?" Grayson asked.
"Sure." She said. She smiled at me and walked to Grayson.
They walked to the movie theater like two buildings down.
"Ready?" Ethan asked me. I nodded.

We drove for about 20 minutes until we arrived at the beach.
"You wanted to show me the beach?" I asked.
"This was the first beach I've ever been to in California. It's beautiful at night." He said. We both got out of the car and sat on the hood on his car. He put his arm around me and I laid me head on his shoulder.
We talked about random things. Then we started to play truth or dare.

"Truth or dare" he asked.
"Dare" I said.
"I dare you to run into the water with me." He said with a wide from.
"What? My clothes will be soaked." I laughed.
"Are you backing down?" He asked smirking.
"No, not yet." I said.
"Then let's go." He laughed.
"Ugh, fine, give me a second." I said. I took off my shoes and my jacket. I lifted my shirt off and tossed it to him. He gave me a confused look.
"What? I like this outfit." I laughed. He shrugged his shoulders and took off his shirt as well. We both ended up in just our underwear and put our clothes in the car.
"Oh my god it's gonna be cold." I said.
"Come on." He laughed grabbing my hand.
We both ran through the sand and into the water. I got knee deep and almost screamed. I started to run back. He laughed and grabbed me by my hips and pulled me back.
"It's so cold." I yelled laughing.
He held me in front of him and started splashing me. I gasped at the cold water making him laugh more.
We ran back to the car.
"Stay here, there's a blanket in the trunk." He said. I stood there shivering until he came back with a blanket wrapped around him. He wrapped his arms and the blanket around me. Eventually, our body heat warmmed us up. We stood there, our arms wrapped around each other. Our fits of laughter died down, and I looked up at him. He licked his lips and leaned in. Our lips met and moved in sync. We pulled apart and he cleared his throat making me laugh.
"We should probably go pick them up." He said. I nodded. We got dressed and drove to pick them up, he held my hand the whole drive as we listened and sang to random songs making each other laugh.

"How was the movie?" Ethan asked in a girly voice making me laugh.
"It's was good." Hanna said.
"Yo, why is your guys' hair wet?" Grayson asked. Me and Ethan started laughing.
"We went to the beach" I said.

We arrived at mine and Hannas Apartment.
"I had alot of fun tonight" I said, still in the car.
"Me too." Ethan said.
"Would you guys like to come inside?" Hanna offered. The boys looked at each other.
"Sure." They said at the same time making us laugh.