Four - Tug of War

Mia's POV

I came in into work slightly earlier than normal because there was a lot of work that I wanted to catch up on before Alex got here since his face was so distracting.

When I opened the door I was shocked to see Alexander laying on the sofa in his office. He did not look like he had taken a nap but rather like he slept here since he was covered with a blanket. I walked closer to him slowly and was able to see his beautiful and peaceful face.

He looked tired which meant he probably hadn't slept much. I could see the bags under his eyes so I decided to be as quiet as I could to not wake him up.

I sat down on my chair and quietly began to work. After about an hour of working, I heard his alarm start ringing and he woke up within seconds. Before he noticed I was here, he stood up while yawning and stopped mid-yawn when he noticed my presence. I gaped at him as he stood there shirtless. He was only wearing sweatpants that hung low from his hips. His bed hair made him look like a hot mess. He recovered from his surprise within a few seconds and gave me a sexy smirk while he said, "like what you see?"

"I... I didn't know you were sleeping here." I said ignoring his question. That wiped the smile off his face and he said in a sad voice, "yeah, it's just that my house felt empty so I prefer to stay here."

I nodded slowly and managed to take my eyes off of his beautiful body.

He folded his blanket it and put it away then smiled at me and excused himself to go shower in his bathroom. Since when did he have a whole shower in the bathroom attached to his office!

I continued working but decided to make myself a coffee and made one for Alex just like I used to before. When he came out of the bathroom he was fully dressed in his suit. I wanted to touch his silky hair and move a few strand of hair that were clinging to the top of his forehead.

When he noticed me staring he ran his fingers through his hair in an effort to settle it down.

"I made you a cup of coffee," I said with a friendly smile.

"Thank you," he said as he took a sip, "wow it's delicious."

He looked at the coffee cup for a couple of seconds as if remembering something which made me curious but I decided not to ask. He came over to me and sat down on the chair that he pulled up next to mine.

His scent was intoxicating. It was a mixture of cologne, vanilla and his own personal scent. My fingers itched to touch his clean shaven face. I tried to concentrate on the work in front of me but his body radiated warmth and safety. Memories of our vacation to Cancun flashed in my mind.

How his strong arms kept my safe while we rode the jet ski. They were wrapped around my waist making me feel loved and cherished. Without thinking I leaned in closer to him wanting him to make me feel like many times before. I could feel his powerful gaze on me but I pretended to continue working.

I tried to ignore him as much as I could but at some point I could not hold it any longer and the corner of my lips twitched into a smile. He was like my own personal sunshine.

I cleared my throats and began to explain what I had been working on making him move his gaze from me to the laptop screen.

Alex's POV

I was surprised to see that Mia made me a coffee as I showered. It warmed my heart how sweet she was even though to her this probably meant nothing. The taste of it was what got me. It felt so strangely familiar but I could not remember anything about it. I just knew that I had coffee like this before. Could it be that Mia made it from me in the mornings while she worked for me? Or while we were married? It was frustrating to have so many empty gaps in my memory.