Walking

Ichimaru decided to take a break to spend some time with Toshiro. In truth, people were used to him disappearing every so often, so he knew that if he disappeared for a few days, he wouldn't have his being missing noticed. Stepping down the path early in the morning, he came to the small house and found his mother still asleep in her futon, the infant nestled next to her.

Upon waking, the infant crawled over to him. Gin smiled at the boy. "You are really close to walking, so I am going to spend some time with you Toshiro, how does that sound?" Two real eyes simply stared at him, wide eyes and innocent. The child then smiled and opened his arms wide, asking to be hugged. And Ichimaru scooped him, snuggling him tight.

It was a couple of hours later that his mother woke up and he couldn't help but smile as she did the same to him. "You are taking a vacation?"

"Of sorts." Gin then got up and proceeded to walk the babe around the room. The old woman watched as Gin suddenly let go and walked away, stepping in front of the small tyke. Amazingly Toshiro stood, wobbling on his own two feet. However, a frown spread on his face and he plopped down onto his bottom.

The next thing Ichimaru knew, the small tyke was bawling his head off, tears rolling down his cheeks. Ichimaru pushed his lips together, frowning at the small tyke. "What is the matter Silly Shiro?"

"He wants you. He rarely gets to see you. He loves his father very much." Granny smiled, continuing to watch Gin.

At that, Ichimaru reached for a package in his sleeve and opened it up. "Shiro-chan, I have dried persimmons."

The toddler blinked a couple of times, his tears stopping. Gin walked over repeated placing the child onto his own feet and then walked away from the toddler and held out the treat. "Come on Toshiro. You want the treat, right.?"

At that, Toshiro took a wobbly step forward and tumbled down. Gin kept repeating, until Toshiro was able to walk about three to four feet towards him and popped the treat into his mouth. Gin kept at it for a couple of days and he soon had Toshiro walking behind him, his fist stuffed into his mouth along wit dried persimmon and amano.

Ichimaru was delighted, however... when he left, he found the small tyke going plop on his bottom again and bawling his head off.