Chapter 22

"She was his queen, and God help anyone who dared to disrespect his queen. "

Third Person POV (Tip: turn your reading screen to black and all the gifs in the book look amazing :) Enjoy! x)

Third Person POV
(Tip: turn your reading screen to black and all the gifs in the book look amazing :) Enjoy! x)

"So, Eveleigh, what is it you do for a living? I'm sure you must make a lot of money to be with a man like Harry," William implores as he takes a bite of his steak and ignores the penetrating glares from Harry.

"Um..." Eveleigh picks up her napkin and dabs at the edges of her lips to stall time, thinking of an appropriate answer. She remembers the angry, Russian voice from Harry's phone call and she knew this man didn't particularly like her.

"Eveleigh is the owner of a very popular florist shoppe downtown. People come all over the state to get her floral arrangement and I couldn't be prouder of her," Harry snips, wrapping his arm around the back of her chair.

"Oh... I assumed she'd be a model like Kendall, not that she has the body for one, or some millionaire's daughter. But I guess a florist is an alright profession in these days," William snaps, making Eveleigh frown lightly as he makes fun of her appearance as well as her job.

She loved her body - Harry did too. She was proud that after years of hating herself, she finally taught herself to love her curves and thick thighs that rubbed together as she walked. Sure, she had to buy new jeans every once in a while because the inner thighs had worn holes in them, but, she taught herself, thick thighs save lives. And Harry needed something to hold onto when they cuddle or do naughty things, so who was she to get rid of her love handles and his simple pleasures in life.

She was by no means fat - she knew that, Harry knew that, and even William knew that - and she definitely wasn't going to let some nasty man ruin her self confidence that she took years to build. No way. She respected herself more than that. If he thought she wasn't model material, then he can kiss her butt.