Heartache Hotel

Pj and I walk into the room that Dan's in.

There's morning light peeking through the blinds.

He hasn't changed. He's still breathing through tubes. He's still unconscious. Every time I see him, I feel like my heart is being strangled.

But as I turn my head I see that Lucy is still there too. Still holding his hand, looking at him.

I look on the floor and find the clothes Pj brought me, and I pick them up, quickly.

Lucy hears me and turns to look. She quickly wipes one her eyes of, what looks to be a tear.

She has no right to cry.

She notices my hand, and her eyes get wide. "Oh my god, what happened?"

I remember what happened, "I- It's nothing. I'm fine."

It's like I'm frozen. I can't move. I want to throw her into a volcano, and at the same time I want to hug her, have her tell me Dan will be okay.

She understands how I feel, but at the same time, she has no idea.

She just stares at my bandaged hand, at the blood on my clothes.

Pj nudges me, "C'mon, let's go."

I don't move. I just keep my stare on Lucy and Dan. I move my eyes from her to him.

She sighs, and let's go of his hand. She closes her eyes. "I told him."

I blink quickly, "What?"

"I told him," she rests her head back, and opens her eyes to stare at the ceiling. "I told him I kissed you, Phil."

She told him?

Are they still dating?

"He broke up with me," she continues, "He broke up with me, and then this happened."

She rubs her eyes and quickly get's up and exits the room.

Pj and I don't do anything for a second, then he says, "Phil-"

"They broke up," I turn towards him, "Maybe that's what he was trying to tell me," I say more to myself than Pj.

Pj raises his eyebrows slightly.

But he said her name before surgery. Hers.

Not mine.

Never mine.

"I'm going to get changed. Hey, did you bring my shoes?"

Pj shakes his head, "No, sorry."

I start to leave the room when he stops me, "You should talk to Lucy."

I give him an uneasy look. "What for?"

"She's hurting too. And you have no reason to hate her anymore."

"I'll think about it," I say, and I walk out of the room and to the bathroom to change in a stall. They cleaned up the glass and blood, but the mirror is still broken.

I sigh and change, careful not to bump my hand. It feels great to have clean clothes on. I put my dirty clothes into the bag.

Should I try to comfort Lucy?

It doesn't seem like she has anyone else to.

And what good will it do to hold such a grudge on her?

I walk out of the bathroom and look up and down the halls for Lucy, but I don't see her. I drop my bag in the room Dan and Pj are in.

Now, Pj is sitting beside Dan, looking at him. But he's not crying like me or Lucy. Pj is smiling.

"What are you smiling about?" I ask.

Pj keeps his eyes on Dan, "Just remembering how funny he is."

I thank Pj in my mind for saying is instead of was.

"I'll talk to her," I blurt out. "I'll talk to Lucy. But I'm not saying I'll like it."

Pj looks at me, "She's in the cafeteria I think." He looks down at my socks. He brought me clean ones, thank god, but still have no shoes.

"What size are you?" he starts taking off his own shoes, "I don't think it'd be a good idea to walk around a hospital in your socks."

*************************************************************************************************************

Don't kill me for this short chapter xD
It's the weekend, so I'll upload at least two more times c:

I'm sorry about not uploading recently, I've been juggling final exams, sleeping, band, and taking care of my horses all week
/.\

Would you guys rather I post short chapters every other day, or a couple long chapters every weekend?

pls comment, vote, and follow me! :D xoxoxoxo