Who is ONE OK ROCK?

ONE OK ROCK ("pronounced in Japanese as "one o'clock") is a Japanese band formed in , Japan, in 2005, consists of Takahiro Moriuchi on vocals, Toru Yamashita on guitar, Ryota Kohama on bass, and Tomoya Kanki on drums.

The foundation for ONE OK ROCK began when Toru Yamashita (guitar), then a high school student, wanted to start a band. He told his friend Ryota Kohama (bass), a fellow member of the dance group Heads, to learn the bass and asked Alex Onizawa, who was their senior in school to join. He asked his classmate, Yu, to play drums. At that time, Taka Moriuchi (vocals) was playing with another band named Chivalry of Music; however, Taka didn't enjoy playing with them, so Toru insisted that he join ONE OK ROCK instead. After signing with a label, Yu left the band to pursue an acting career and his parents didn't want their son to pursue that line of work. Tomoya Kanki (drums) had been teaching at ESP (Musical Academy) and was already in a band that wasn't going well. He then joined ONE OK ROCK in 2006, but only became an official member when they debuted in 2007.

The band's name, ONE OK ROCK, comes from "one o'clock", the time that the band used to practice on weekends. They chose to play at one o'clock in the morning because it was cheaper to use the rehearsal space during such hours. However, noticing that the made no distinction between R's and L's, they changed "O'CLOCK" to "O'CROCK" (or "O'KROCK"), which was then separated to become "OK ROCK". 

Other FACT, ONE OK ROCK's name are expressed as "10969" (wan-o-ku-ro-ku, appellation of ONE OK ROCK in Japanese numbering).

ONE OK ROCK's basic influences were Good Charlotte and Ellegarden the group's initial idea began when Toru wanted to start a rock band and invited Ryota to form a rock band. Good Charlotte influences are seen on their first album. After the scandal of Alex Onizawa groping a university-prep school student, the band decided to continue without Alex.

In their sixth album , they expressed how this album was influenced by Linkin Park's and Coldrain's screaming and yell-rapping. Their new seventh album , was produced along with producer John Feldmann whom also worked with 5 Seconds of Summer, The Used and Sleeping with Siren. The album was described as "too Americanized" by international fans, yet it managed to get the first place on the Oricon Album weekly ranking being the first time the band achieved the first place. Fans are in constant dispute over their dynamic music style change as new albums release different sounds.