⟶ entry six

Yes, I loved you. 

[Short story]

"Did you actually love me?"

She halted and stayed silent for a while, completely bewildered and almost jumped at the sound of his voice- unsure if she heard him properly. After a mild pause, she asked, "Did you just ask what I think you asked?"

She turned around and looked at his shockingly serious face, as he responded, "Considering the way you reacted; probably."

She looked down, "Could you ask it again?" she chuckled awkwardly, "Just in case I ramble on about something really embarrassing and off-topic."

"10 years ago, did you really love me?" he repeated, "Like the way Chris mentioned?"

She stared at him blankly and bit her lip. A long pause and a small smile before she spoke, "I'm unsure about a lot of things; I'm a very indecisive person - the kind that you subtly hated. You could ask Arianna or Chris, and they would say so.

"But if there was ever one thing I was certain about, it was that: yes, I did love you - I was in love with you.

"And you could say I'm overreacting - that I was too young to truly understand the concept of love. But I did, it was a very mature and genuine love that was too much for a 14-year-old girl to handle, and so, she fucked up."

She breathed a sigh of relief before she gave a sweet smile, "I've waited forever to say this to you.

"But yes. Yes, I really did," she nodded and walked away.