21

Recap:

"Princess Lucy... you're back" Aqua said, landing in front of the castle doors, in her human form

"Yes, I found the source of the dark magic..."

They both walked in and called everyone to the meeting room. Everyone was whispering good things that Princess Lucy has finally found the dark magic. This is her chance to get rid of it once and for all. As they were happy she was worried, she wanted to help him but would the Dragons understand her point of view.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What's the next step, Miss Lucy" Igneel asked

"The next step..." she was confused

"Well, of course. You been training for this day to get rid of the dark magic for good"

"We need to find a way to kill the one in control"

"How can we do that... didn't they say 'they' were immortal?"

"Still this is the chance to strike before it gets worse"

"You're choice, Miss Lucy?" they all turned to face her

She didn't know what to do. The right choice would to be on the Dragons side and kill Zeref. But she doesn't want that, especially since he suffered so much. She wants to help him no matter what everyone thinks. But how to make Dragons understand????

"I think we should..." she was at a loss for words

Metalicana noticed the moment of loss and spoke, "I would like to speak to the Princess alone, please?"

"Of course" Aqua made everyone exit the room

Lucy pov

As I looked back up, I noticed everyone was gone. I looked around and my eyes landed on Metalicana.

"Where did everyone go?" I asked

"I asked them to leave us alone, Lucy"

"Why?"

"You seemed to be deep in thought..." he said "Does this have to do with the next step"

"Well-" I looked at my hands that layed on my lap

"The best thing you could do is follow your heart, Lucy. But known this I will stand by your choice even if others believe it's wrong"

"I really do want to you help you all defeat the Great Evil but..." I stopped "After today, the Great Evil isn't what we all believe he is"

"You met him?" I nodded "Of course, you are just like your mother. She also believed he wasn't evil and looked how that turned out"

"I know..."

"That doesn't mean you can't change him and bring him to a better future. We should all stop focusing on the past and keep moving forward" with that he left the room

'Forget the past?' and 'Keep moving forward?'

One can't simply forget the past. The past is what made us into us today. Yet, we have to keep moving forward if we want a different outcome. It best to follow the heart and ignore those who tend to bring you down. If I want this to work out I have to figure out what I want first before getting others to understand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zeref pov

The light shone through the window, I sat up on the bed. I didn't feel her presence she must not be here. Of course, why would she stick around. I am rejected by the world and the world rejects me, including humans. Except, two.... Mavis and -

"Wake up, sleepyhead!" I hear shouting, cutting my thoughts off

I walked out my room towards the kitchen to see her in there. She was facing the stove and was cooking.

"You're still here?" I asked

"Of course... why wouldn't I be?" she tilt her head to the side

'So cute' I thought

"Well, everyone rejects me... I don't understand why you still come back?"

"Well, I want to help you and the first step is controlling your magic"

"Curse...?" I whispered

"I don't believe it a curse and you shouldn't either. Everything happens for a reason" she smiled, I was confused "Eat up and I show you what I mean"

She began to set the table. I grabbed two cups and grabbed the freashly squeezed orange juice. We ate breakfast as we had breakfast many times before. I liked having her around but I was still scared that I wouldn't be able to control myself one day... I don't even want to think about it. After eating she grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the cabin.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked, being dragged

"Relax, and just go through" she said, pushing me through two trees that looked like they were holding trunks

The trees acted as a couple. I walked throug, I remember this place after I lost control I killed everything near. I didn't think she would bring me here. It's been a year

When I made it out of the clearing instead of seeing dead grass, trees. It was beautiful, bright green grass, trees and even flowers. I was frozen shocked.

"What do you think?" Lucy whispered next to me

"I thought-"

"Sometimes, what's behind can grow better than the generation before, if given the chance. It's all part of the cycle of life" she said, looking out at the sun as it was setting (a/n: yes this is from a movie hopefully you can guess)

"So even if it was my fault..."

3rd pov

"So even if it was my fault..." he stopped mid-senctence "I believe it's unfair. Why bring me here if all I do is destroy"

"I don't think so, even with your magic it brings beauty" Lucy said "You have to live in the moment don't think just... feel" she saidplacing a hand over his heart

He looked up at her, her smile was bright maybe even more than the sun. She believed in him when others don't. Is it possible that he can find the chance to feel 'love' once more. She sat down next to him and layed her head on his shoulder. He turned to face her seeing her eyes looking at the sunset. The light made her glow, she was- no she is the most beautiful thing to ever come into his life.

"Zeref..." she said without looking "I have to tell you something"

"Hmm" he hummed a respone

"I can here to help the dragons in their time in need. They want to rid this of the Great Evil. But I believe it is on this world for a reason. Everything has a reason behind it. I want to help you control this power and if possible they will understand." he looked sad knowing she came to kill him "I was given choices but I don't want to choice any if it means losing you." this shocked him

"Why? It's best if I never existed"

"Well, everyone deserves a second chance. And I will always be with you, no matter what"

"You'll stay by... my side"

She looked up, into his eyes "If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together, there is something you must always remember. You are BRAVER than you believe, STRONGER than you seem and SMARTER than you think. But the most important this is, even if we are apart, I'll always be with you" she kissed him

He turned bright red, he was shocked, surprises. The last kiss he had was more than 400 years ago and it took the love of his life.

What is going to happen??