Chapter Sixty-Five

"This isn't the end," Harry said, holding Meredith on Thursday night.

"Oh, it isn't, is it?" Meredith asked. "Tell me why."

"I won't let it be the end," Harry responded, and she scoffed. "You don't have a choice. I just...."

She looked up at him with an arched eyebrow. Meredith had been waiting for him to say it, yet nothing. "Are you planning on paying for me to fly back to London?"

"When's your next university break?" he asked, planting a kiss on her neck. Over the last few days at least a few things had healed. It was only a few things, but it was enough. She wasn't in too much pain now, or at least she was good at hiding it. The bruises had started to turn yellow, and the cuts had crusted over fully. No scars were going to be left. Harry didn't want her to have to remember all of this. "I'll fly you over."

"Late December."

"Before Christmas?"

"A day, but yes."

"You want to spend New Year's Eve in London?"

She scoffed.

"Come on." Harry kissed her on the nose. "Come on." Harry kissed her on the cheek. "Come on." Harry kissed her on the neck, and Meredith giggled. A chill went up her spine, but in a good way, as she turned to turn red. "Come on."

"No," she groaned. "Not London."

"Greece." He kissed her on the cheek.

"No." Another moan escaped her lips as his hands ran down. "Too far."

"Canada?" he asked. "Toronto?"

"I have a feeling you're going to miss me." Meredith stepped back, tsking him. "Don't do anything rash while I'm gone."

"Does that mean you're coming back?" he asked with a smile.

"To Scotland, yes."

"How about Kensington Palace?"

Meredith shrugged.

"I'll make you feel very welcome," Harry promised with a mysterious grin. Meredith very much knew what he had in mind. She wouldn't have minded, but it was something she needed to be fully healed for.  "And we can do whatever you want."

"We'll be noticed if we're in the city."

Harry wasn't put off, not that Meredith wanted him to be. "We'll have a little cabin the woods, by the ocean. We'll do some fishing." Meredith scoffed, because that always ended well. "We can spend the cold nights in bed together."

"There we go," Meredith laughed. "The only thing I truly want."

"Are you using me only for my body?"

"Yes." Meredith let her good hand run over his body, feeling the firmness. Harry winked, letting her do what she wanted. Meredith dropped her hand. "So you say this isn't the end, Harry? Why?" she asked. "Why me?"

"You're still asking after all this time?" he wondered.

"I just want to hear you say it."

"Fishing for compliments?"

"Are you going to tell me why you like me so much?"

Harry laughed. "I don't like you, Mere. I love you."

Meredith paused, swallowing. This was all in fun, but he meant. Harry truly meant it: he loved her. All those sweet things led up to him loving her more. He promised her. He would love her, and he would continue to do it. Harry knew more about Meredith than most, for the good and the bad. Yet he came back, he wanted her. Meredith couldn't wrap her head around it, but at this point, she probably didn't need to.