Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I have this habit of turning my phone off while I study or while I do homework so I don’t get distracted. But Catherine doesn’t do this. Therefore every time she gets a twitter notification or a text she immediately goes on her phone for like 10-15 minutes.

I don’t blame her really. I would rather scroll through 50 pictures on Instagram and only like one than trying to learn all the countries and their capitals in Europe.

“You are scrolling too much, you’ll get carpal tunnel.” I told Cathy while standing up from my desk chair.

She just rolled her eyes at me “It’s either that or me questioning you endlessly about Kyle”

“Continue with your scrolling” she laughed at this

“Seriously Ellie, why do you let her walk all over you?” uh oh, here she goes

“I don’t let her walk over me.” Even I knew that was a lie. I am good at a couple of things, but trust me lying isn’t one of them.

“Stop lying to yourself. You let her insult you daily and now you let her take your man.” She was being completely serious.

“First of all, Kyle is not my man. And second, she doesn’t insult me daily.”

“Well it’s either Ashley insulting you or one of her minions. It’s the same shit anyways, just a different person. Plus you know you like Kyle.” Everything she’s saying it’s true. Except the liking Kyle part I SO don’t like him.

I turned my phone on because I needed to distract myself from this conversation. Right after my phone turned on, I got a text from an unknown number.

“Having much fun with Kyle. Don’t think he misses you because he doesn’t haha. Kisses, Ashley”

And under the text was a video of about three seconds of them making out. Obviously somebody else was recording.

This hurt me. My breathing was uneven and I had to lie down. Why the hell would he go for someone like her? Tears were streaming down my face rather quickly.

Cathy got worried to my sudden mood change and took my phone from my hands. She saw the video and immediately hugged me.

“Oh baby girl. Men are stupid, trust me I know” she cooed

I really don’t like to cry, not at all. Especially when someone is watching. I just felt so helpless.

Why did it have to be her? Why couldn’t it be somebody else?

Somebody like me…

Shut up inner conscious. I have no feelings like that towards him but the fact that he would fall for somebody with such an ugly personality hurts.

Plus the fact that he thinks she’s actually a nice person hurts. Is he really that blind? 

Cathy went home after I fell asleep. Or I think she did I don’t know, she left me a note on my desk saying so. Crying makes me sleepy okay?

The next morning I actually felt sick to my stomach.

And thank the gods in heaven that I have a small trash bin next to me because I threw up all the food I had eaten previously. Such a great way to start a brand new day, don’t you think?

“Mooooommmmmm” I whined. “MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM” I whined-yelled, does that even make sense?

“What is it?” she scrunched her nose, maybe because it smelled like vomit. “Oh Ellie, do you feel alright?”

“Well, considering I just threw up a couple of moments ago I’m just dandy.” Sarcasm game strong, yeah no

“Fine fine no need for sarcasm. You’re lucky I have no work today so I can take care of you. Go ahead and brush your teeth. I’ll call the school and tell them you don’t feel well.”

“Thanks mom”

After brushing my teeth my room smelled like cherries. Probably because my mom opened the window and sprayed those aerosol sprays that smell amazing but are bad for the environment.

I lied on my bed and texted Cathy.

(TEXTS IN BOLD= ELLIE. TEXTS IN ITALIC= CATHY)

I’m not going to school today. Not only because of yesterday and because I’m a wimp. It’s also because I am sick and my mom told me to stay in.

Oh that’s fine! I hope you feel better baby doll. I’ll go to your house later.

Stop calling me baby doll, I don’t like dolls nor am I your baby.

Okay baby doll. See ya later!

Now Cathy will never stop calling me baby doll.

Great, hashtag first world problems.

Well here I am complaining about a nickname while global warming is happening and I’m lying in bed doing nothing at all.

This gave me an urge to watch superhero movies.

So guess what I did all morning? Exactly that….

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Well hello there my beautiful readers. We are so sorry that we haven't updated in such a long time! We just recently started school again and we have lots of work to do. But we will try to update as soon as possible. So this chapter was written by me (Ambar) and the next chapter will be written by Alejandra.

So what do you think of this chapter?!?! DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE!

We love you more than pizza, and that's a lot. Byeee A&A