|Chapter One-Hogwarts Express|

There's many places I would rather be.Like at a zoo or an amusement park.Maybe even at home reading a book on World War Two.But no,I was on this Godforsaken train.

I looked down at my hand,the letter folded neatly and cradled in its envelope.I have read through it several times.I probably have it memorized.

I ran my thumb under the paper,making it open.I pulled it out and read it for the hundredth time.

Dear Miss McLennan,
       We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy.
       Please find enclosed all necessary books and equipment.
        Term begins spring,and we await your arrival no later than 12 pm.

Yours Sincerely,
    Minerva McGonagall
    Deputy Headmistress

After reading the acceptance letter,I pulled out the list of necessities.

Uniform:
*First Year Students will require:
*Three sets of plain work robes (black
*One plain pointed hat(black)for day wear
*One pair of protective gloves (Dragon hide or similiar)
*One winter cloak (black,silver fastenings)
Please note that all pupils' clothes should carry name tags
Course Books:
*All students should have a copy of each if the following:
*The Standard Book of Spells(Grade 1)by Miranda Goshawk
*A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot
*Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling
*A Beginners' Guide To Transfiguration by Emeric Switch
*One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore
*Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger
*Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them by Newt Scammader
*The Dark Forces:A Guide To Self Protection by Quentin Trimble

I was very confused.Who named their child Phyllida Spore?I guess wizarding parents.Glad I don't have them.

I continued on.

Other Equipment:
*One wand
*One cauldron(pewter,standard size two)
*One set glass or crystal phials
*One telescope
*One set brass scales
Students may also being an owl OR a cat OR a toad
PARENTS ARE REMINDED FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS

I finished all of the supplies.I swore under my breath.

I couldn't have a broomstick cause I'm a bloody first year.

A loud laugh was heard from a different area of the train.

There was a group of boys. One was rather chubby,the other still chubby,yet still smaller that the first somehow,now the last one was a thin boy.He had pale skin and blond hair.

He looked sinister.His head swiveled around and made eye contact with me.

My eyes darted away quickly,but not before I noticed him walking over.

"Malfoy.Draco Malfoy,"he said.

Damn,he even sounded sinister.

"McLennan.Quinn McLennan,"I said in a mocking tone,"Okay,Bond,who are the others?"

"Bond?"he seemed puzzled,"Who's Bond?"

"James Bond."

His face was blank.

"You can't tell me you've never seen James Bond!"I was genuinely surprised.

"That muggle movie?They're stupid."

I tried to ignore that he just insulted James Bond and returned with a puzzled look.

"Muggle?Do you mean...human?"

"No.A human that isn't a witch or wizard."

"Oh,"I said,taking in the name.The name 'muggle' sounded dirty,like Cinderella's dress before the fairy godmother,"Okay.Now who are the others?"

"Crabbe and Goyle.Their nuts trust me."

I smiled,"Okay."

He noticed the smile and smirked,"You'll be in Gryffindor.Or Hufflepuff."

His body shook with laughter.His cronies noticed and started to approach.

He turned around and left,his body still a shaking mess.

I sat in silence.Confused.

I reached into my trunk and pulled out a book. A History of Magic. Might as well get some reading in.I was always good at history class back at school.

Thinking of my old school and friends made my heart ache.I didn't have many friends.Just one,and she was homeschooled now.Honestly,I haven't seen her in months.

I pushed the thought away,and opened the book.

-----------------

How do you all like it so far?Sorry if it's short!Please vote and comment!Have a nice day!