Chapter 21

Warning: Sexual Content Ahead

Warning: Sexual Content Ahead. Read at own discretion. Enjoy! x

Harry's POV

"EVELEIGH!" I screech as I slam the window closed after screaming at the obnoxious asshole next door who can never shut up. My hand twitches for my gun but I refrain from doing so with Eveleigh so close.

I hear a quiet "yes, darling," come from the back room, making me stomp down the hall to find her. Busting open the door, I huff angrily as she stands there happily, tending to her small succulents by the window.

How can she be happy at times like this?

She turns to face me and gives me a smile that would normally take my breath away, but I'm too angry right now. I'll appreciate her later.

I was so beside myself that I didn't even question where her pants were. Her pale blue panties with frilly, pink, lace trimming matched her knee high socks and I didn't even have time to get a raging hard on.

Wait...Nevermind.

Anyway...

"What's wrong, babe?" She wonders as she gives the succulents a good watering with her tiny, pink watering can.

"I can't deal with it anymore, Evie. I just can't," I say nearly hyperventilating, stressfully running my fingers through my - now extremely short - hair out of habit and pulling at the ends. I could feel my blood pressure rising every time I hear the neighbors power up their saw for no. fucking. reason.

They say they're cutting up firewood? These flats don't have fire places AND we have heating and air. They don't need fucking firewood. This is inner city New York, not the middle of Alaska on a cold winter's night. Are they trying to burn the flats down? Not on my watch! My girl lives here!

She frowns, placing her watering can down and taking a step towards me. "Can't deal with what, love? C'mere, quit grinding your teeth. It's bad for them. Let's go sit before you pass out," she softly orders, grabbing my arm and leading me to the living room.

Eveleigh has this tendency to act like a loving, nurturing mother. She takes care of everyone she meets; making sure they've eaten or drank, makes sure they're warm, and makes sure everything is alright in their world.

Everyone at the club lets her, though. They're so far away from their own mothers and caring people are so rare nowadays that they welcome her motherly instincts with open arms.

I feel so horrible for her though because I know the real reason why she acts like that. She can't have kids of her own so she overcompensates with everyone around her. I just want to wrap her in a cozy blanket and never let her go.