12.

Camila and i sat in silence in her apartment. It had been 2 hours since i was released and i had my trial for possession of marijuana in 3 hours. We had not said a word to each other, until now.

"Sorry." I muttered under my breath. Camila looks up at me with curious eyes.

"Sorry for dragging you into this." I repeat. Camila nods.

"You should get some sleep, i should head home." I stand up but Camila simply tells me to sit back down.

She gets changed into her pyjamas and throws me a pair of sweats and a t shirt.

We got into bed together and i placed a cautious hand around her waist, she did not push me away instead she pressed her body closer to mine.

"You better not go to jail." She states with a small sniffle.

"I won't, babe. Dina has my back, she's a great lawyer. We've got this." I tighten my arms around her and she hums in approval.

I could feel my body drifting off into a deep sleep until my phone vibrated and lit the whole room up. I rolled over, removing my hand from Camila's waist and grabbing my phone.

From Manager: Head into the studio tomorrow, we had a couple of producers come in and write a few songs for the album and i want you to revise them.

To Manager: Lol? Why are producers writing songs for me? I can do that perfectly fine.

From Manager: Y/N, please don't be difficult. The songs don't even have to be on the album they just want you to record some demos. Nothing serious, just procedure stuff. See you tomorrow.

I let out a long sigh to which Camila turned her body and rested a hand on my abdomen.

"What's wrong?" She questions and the rubs my stomach, i hum at her gentle touch.

"Some producers are writing songs for me and i have to go in and record them tomorrow. They always write lame shit and i don't want people thinking that it's coming from my head." I pouted and Camila kissed my cheek mumbling in my ear that everything will be fine.

"I think that's so funny that you're so certain you won't go to jail that you're literally making plans for tomorrow like your trial isn't even there." Camila laughed then cuddled into my side.

I swear it only took her a few minutes until she was out stone cold next to me, i could hear the steadiness of her breath and it almost put me to sleep. But i needed to make a quick phone call first.

I called my best friend from my crew, Damon. To see how the track was going, i walked out onto the balcony and listened to the ringing of my phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey, man it's Y/N. Did you end up getting a beat for 'Neighbours'?" I question, i hear some shuffling and then i hear some shuffling.

"Yeah! I got it, give me a second and i'll play it for you."

He played me the best with a recording of him rapping my lyrics, just to assure that he could fit the beat in and i wouldn't have to sing too fast.

"I love it, thank you so much man. I'm heading into the studio tomorrow, i'll see if i can record it. You should come, i'm going in around 4pm. After my trial."

I heard Damon exhale a deep breath to which i immediately questioned.

"It's... nothing, don't worry about it. I'll see you tomorrow." He quickly ends the call.

I sigh, why does it feel like everything in my life is falling apart?

I slipped back into bed with Camila, careful not to wake her. I wrap a secure arm around her waist where her shirt had ridden up. I sat in silence, listening to Camila's calm breath and the steady sound of her heart beating.

I looked over and turned on my phone, it was 4:37am but i couldn't sleep, the paranoia from those officers potentially raiding my place again is too much of a scary thought. Thank god no one from my crew was in there the second time, or else i don't even want to think about what could have happened to them, or even myself.

It didn't take long for the morning to come, it felt as if as soon as i shut my eyes my alarm was going off, indicating that it's time to wake up. I moved my arm and shook Camila slightly although she simply pushed her body closer to mine and placed my arm right back on her waist.

"Camila, it's time for my trial, we need to get ready." Camila sat up with a groan, her hair was all over her face and she looked at me with her puffy lips pouted.

"Lets go, babe." Camila lazily stands up and walks over to the bathroom where she brushes her teeth, i follow in clutch behind her.

She gets ready in the bathroom though i got ready in the bedroom. I wore something smart to come across more professional than i truly am.

Just as i was about to tell Camila off for taking too long she comes out in a tight pencil skirt and  a loose blouse. I was lost in her body.

"Lets go." Camila says to me and i grab my phone and my keys before walking behind her.

The car waited out front and of course there were dozens of paparazzi outside, they knew that i had my hearing today (probably through the officers) and they kept asking me questions about it.

I walked forward with my head down and my hand intertwined with Camila's. The driver did not say anything to us the whole ride and it was only making me more anxious.

When we arrived at the Court, we were very nicely greeted with more paparazzi, they continued to make snarky remarks about Camila and i and my heading, i did not say anything to them.

Checking in with one of the ladies, i felt myself growing even more stressed out, i fiddled with my fingers and clenched my jaw as i signed legal documents.

I met with Dina and she ran me through the procedure. Camila held tightly onto my hand as Dina spoke about worst case scenario, i was looking at 6 years jail time. At this comment, Camila's grip got even tighter.

"Y/L/N." A lady called my name and we all followed into the courtroom.

We sat down and the judge began reading what i was being charged with, i kept my face emotionless with my jaw clenched, even though Dina told me to show remorse.

"What do you plead?" The old white man asked me, i was quick to reply.

"Not guilty, sir."

Dina then began to speak about a lot of legal terms that i didn't quite understand. So, i looked back at Camila who was nervously biting her nails, she didn't even look at me.

I looked back when the judge received the piece of paper from the jury that could potentially end my career.

"We find Y/N Y/L/N not guilty." I head a squeak from Camila and i hug Dina.

I quickly walked down the divider and hugged Camila tightly as she hoisted herself up on my waist.

"I'm so happy." She whispered in my ear, so close that i could feel her breath tickling my ear.

She played with the hairs on the back of my neck and i kept my hands tight around her legs.

"Thank you so much for coming. You have no idea how much it means to me." I smile at her, putting her down.

"It's fine."